Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest/Easiest School
It's really not a stand still if you just go through with the recommendations, you can take courses at TESU through e-packs, which are all exams, 3 of them with the cornerstone/capstone plus the PLA 100 for 16 credits! If you have the military tuition discount, then it's slightly different, it's 24 credits through 6 TECEP exams + cornerstone/capstone.

The good thing about TESU is, if you already have 24 RA credits through community college, you just need to finish everything through ACE/NCCRS courses. DAU (if you work for DOD or a service person/VET), Davar, Saylor.org, Study.com, etc all provide cheap, easy, fast upper level options to finish your degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yes I am, I'll take a free application any day! Haha

(01-26-2022, 06:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It's really not a stand still if you just go through with the recommendations, you can take courses at TESU through e-packs, which are all exams, 3 of them with the cornerstone/capstone plus the PLA 100 for 16 credits!  If you have the military tuition discount, then it's slightly different, it's 24 credits through 6 TECEP exams + cornerstone/capstone.

The good thing about TESU is, if you already have 24 RA credits through community college, you just need to finish everything through ACE/NCCRS courses.  DAU (if you work for DOD or a service person/VET), Davar, Saylor.org, Study.com, etc all provide cheap, easy, fast upper level options to finish your degree.

I technically have 37 RA credits through community college. Do you have any information on any corner/capstones for degrees at TESU or Excelsior that are easy? What's the PLA 100? If I transfer in 114 credits and do the PLA 100 do I still need a corner/capstone? Is it cheaper to do a 16 credit term or to pay the residency waiver? Sorry for all the questions
Excelsior College is also an option. They have bachelor's degrees - BA and BS - in Liberal Arts and specific areas including history, social sciences, psychology, and natural sciences. You can transfer in 113 credits and only complete 7 credits at EC. You can take exams for all of your credits if you can find them which people on here can help with. They also have bachelor's degrees in business if that floats your boat. They VERY military friendly as well. Your application should also be free and you'd qualify for reduced tuition because you've completed courses on Sophia.

https://www.excelsior.edu/

This will show you how Sophia's courses transfer to EC:

https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses

Here's how courses from Study.com transfer to EC:

https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html

You may also get credit for military training. They degrees in military leadership and criminal justice as well.
(01-26-2022, 07:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Excelsior College is also an option. They have bachelor's degrees - BA and BS - in Liberal Arts and specific areas including history, social sciences, psychology, and natural sciences. You can transfer in 113 credits and only complete 7 credits at EC. You can take exams for all of your credits if you can find them which people on here can help with. They also have bachelor's degrees in business if that floats your boat. They VERY military friendly as well. Your application should also be free and you'd qualify for reduced tuition because you've completed courses on Sophia.

https://www.excelsior.edu/

This will show you how Sophia's courses transfer to EC:

https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses

Here's how courses from Study.com transfer to EC:

https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html

You may also get credit for military training. They degrees in military leadership and criminal justice as well.
I'll have to check them out as well, thanks for providing links!

In your opinion does either Excelsior or TESU have an advantage or does it really not matter?
[-] The following 1 user Likes evanmonast's post:
  • ss20ts
Excelsior doesn't charge you a fee for not taking classes with them. TESU does. You do have to take a few credits at both schools matter what. TESU has a fee unless you complete 16 credits with them.

I would apply to both with the credit you have and see which one works best with the credits you have. You'd need to pick out a degree to follow. I'd ask both about what they offer to military folks as well.
In short - TESU is hands down better, Excelsior instituted a change to their fee structure just recently, it's cheaper, easier, faster with TESU.  See below for the cost and speed to finish, you can do the TESU BSBA GM, I mentioned in a thread previously using entirely DAU courses which are non proctored and open book!  The only written work are required throughout the final Capstone/Cornerstone at the end of the degree...

You can take 6 LL TECEPS, even if it duplicates your current credits, take the easiest ones...  You can use DAU, Sophia.org courses to complete the Management area of the AOS courses required for the BSBA GM and Davar for a Finance (International Finance) and/or Marketing (Principles of Sales) course, or ICC for Managerial Accounting.

TESU 6 LL TECEPS, 18 LL credits x $50/credit = $900
Cornerstone/Capstone $250/credit x 6 credits = $1500
Graduation = $298
TESU only expenses = $2698

Excelsior, you need 9 or 15 credits minimum for their Associates or Bachelors degree
Excelsior $250 x 15 = $3750, plus fees
Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-fina...uate-fees/
**I wonder if UEXCELS will count for this or not!!  It'll be incredibly inexpensive!!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-26-2022, 08:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: In short - TESU is hands down better, Excelsior instituted a change to their fee structure just recently, it's cheaper, easier, faster with TESU.  See below for the cost and speed to finish, you can do the TESU BSBA GM, I mentioned in a thread previously using entirely DAU courses which are non proctored and open book!  The only written work are required throughout the final Capstone/Cornerstone at the end of the degree...

You can take 6 LL TECEPS, even if it duplicates your current credits, take the easiest ones...  You can use DAU, Sophia.org courses to complete the Management area of the AOS courses required for the BSBA GM and Davar for a Finance (International Finance) and/or Marketing (Principles of Sales) course, or ICC for Managerial Accounting.

TESU 6 LL TECEPS, 18 LL credits x $50/credit = $900
Cornerstone/Capstone $250/credit x 6 credits = $1500
Graduation = $298
TESU only expenses = $2698

Excelsior, you need 9 or 15 credits minimum for their Associates or Bachelors degree
Excelsior $250 x 15 = $3750, plus fees
Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-fina...uate-fees/
**I wonder if UEXCELS will count for this or not!!  It'll be incredibly inexpensive!
This sounds great however I am physically incapable of doing math at any level so I'd like to steer clear of any math too. My brain just shuts down and I stare at the numbers and then get angry lol. I'm reading about the liberal arts capstones and they seem totally doable. I'm also reading some TESU degree plans on the wiki and I think I'm narrowing in on a decision here.
Upon further research I've decided I will stay with UMPI. I'm going to have to get used to writing papers anyway if I want to pursue a post grad so there's no point in running from it now. I will use my Pierpont AAS to go for a BAS in one of the minors, does anyone know which is the easiest? Turns out my Community College classes already qualify me for a Pre Law minor so I'm pumped about that. With just a couple of Study courses I could squeeze an English minor as well if they would allow it.
Excelsior requires 30UL credits while TESU only requires 12 or 15 + the capstone. By default, this kind of makes Excelsior the more difficult one to complete.

If you want to avoid math at TESU, you'll want a BA and not a BSBA, unless you feel like going back and getting Sophia's College Algebra + CSM Learn. Both are pretty easy, but you've already got Stats and that should be good enough for any BA.

PLA-100 is just an easy way to get 16 credits in a single term instead of 15. If you're military and you can do TECEPs for residency, you can ignore all that nonsense. Just take your TECEPs and then the capstone/cornerstone. For what they are, they're not super difficult courses.

(01-26-2022, 09:22 PM)evanmonast Wrote: Upon further research I've decided I will stay with UMPI. I'm going to have to get used to writing papers anyway if I want to pursue a post grad so there's no point in running from it now. I will use my Pierpont AAS to go for a BAS in one of the minors, does anyone know which is the easiest? Turns out my Community College classes already qualify me for a Pre Law minor so I'm pumped about that. With just a couple of Study courses I could squeeze an English minor as well if they would allow it.

Once you're a student at UMPI, you can ask which courses can be completed with exams. There aren't a lot of them, but if you can find a minor that is mostly/entirely completed with exams, then there you go.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
TESU is $6,654 for 6cr there (cornerstone & capstone) unless you do the 16cr term.

EC is actually cheaper now than it used to be - only $4031 for 7cr there (Info Lit, Cornerstone and capstone). You need 30cr of UL for most degrees (only 21cr of UL for the BSB) but the cornerstone will count as will the capstone - so that's 6cr of UL. Then, you just find 24cr of UL, which are easy enough to do via Study.com, Davar, or Coopersmith. Also, EC's BSL allows for 60cr of Free Electives, while TESU's BALS only allows for 30cr.

Either school is a good option, it just depends on what you can bring in.
--------------------------------------------------------

For TESU, you need the following:
English Comp II
Civic Engagement (Am Govt, Western Polit Thought or Comparative Politics)
2 LL AoS courses that are 200-level or above
1 1cr Free elective course in anything
5 UL AoS courses (so liberal arts courses like Psych, Soc, History, etc.)

For EC, you need the following:
English Comp II
6 UL Liberal Arts courses
2 UL Free electives courses

Personally, I would do EC and do some Coopersmith courses since you don't like writing papers.

EC instituted a change that actually made the degree cheaper for non-military; so that will always be my preference (they are $2500 less than TESU); their GE is also much easier to fulfill, there's no RA requirement, and the BLS with it's 60cr of Free Electives is much easier to get if you have a lot of non-liberal arts courses.

For active-duty military, TESU is cheaper than EC, and COSC is cheaper than both (only $1,753).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 8 658 04-10-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,357 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Fastest & Easiest UMPI Bachelor's shawnette 8 406 04-05-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 23 1,771 04-01-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: quanticmba
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 333 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 262 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Help finding a school and degree plan bleedingpurple 39 3,466 12-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,787 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
Heart Tired of my lack of degree holding me back- please help me plan fastest completion! pipitavivita 7 1,072 11-22-2023, 11:22 AM
  Help for Daughter w/ Choosing School/Degree/Degree Plan MaMichelle 4 532 11-21-2023, 12:56 PM