Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest Masters- Money is no object
I hope you are all doing well!

As many of you can see from my post history I have been trying to get this journey started for years.
The issue is, and I am not trying to brag at all, but I keep getting promoted and recruited to better positions.
I have been everything from EVP to my current C level position.
Now there is finally a ceiling I have hit which requires a Masters in order for me to be eligible for a board seat. There is no workaround for this requirement.
The problem I face and have faced is I simply do not have that much time to put into this because of how much I work but need to get this accomplished.

I have read that NCU might be the way to go, but I wanted to know if there are any other options out there for simplicity/workload and speed. Especially if the cost is not an issue?

I truly appreciate you all very much!
WGU's MBA is probably going to be your fastest (and cheap, even though that's not the focus)... But nothing is going to be fast if you have 0 time to put into it.

Other competency programs could be similarly quick -- Walden Tempo, JFKu FlexCourse, Capella FlexPath, etc
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • acesup_11
Thank you so much for the quick reply!
Can you explain further about "Other competency programs could be similarly quick -- Walden Tempo, JFKu FlexCourse, Capella FlexPath"
I saw a post on the forum and someone mentioned they completed a capella MBA in two months. Also Walden has 3 month terms and I saw somewhere on the internet someone did it 3 months.

The competency based model is where you can take as many classes as you want a term. Essentially you do a course and it is self paced online. Once you finish it you move to the next one. This allows someone to potentially finish the whole degree in a short amount of time.

That being said in order to finish a masters degree quickly you need to have to at least one of these two things:

1) lots time to dedicate to school
2) lots of prior knowledge of the subject

If you don't have any time or prior knowledge it is going to be almost impossible to finish a masters quickly. Earning a masters take work and there isnt a shortcut to success. You cant just click a few buttons on a computer and end up with a masters.

If you want something eaiser but less useful if I had to guess I think the workload of the wgu masters in leadership would be easier than an MBA plus most of leadership is common sense anyways. It might be eaiser to finish an Msl one term vs an mba. Not sure though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • acesup_11
Thanks very much for the reply.
I agree that a MA in Leadership will probably go faster/be easier than an MBA. Unless your bachelor's degree is in Business and you do a lot of accounting/finance already (those would probably be the harder courses).

But like jsd said, getting a degree quickly depends upon the time put in. If you don't have time to do it, then you don't get it done. No way around that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-17-2020, 11:57 AM)natshar Wrote: I saw a post on the forum and someone mentioned they completed a capella MBA in two months. Also Walden has 3 month terms and I saw somewhere on the internet someone did it 3 months.

The competency based model is where you can take as many classes as you want a term. Essentially you do a course and it is self paced online. Once you finish it you move to the next one. This allows someone to potentially finish the whole degree in a short amount of time.

That being said in order to finish a masters degree quickly you need to have to at least one of these two things:

1) lots time to dedicate to school
2) lots of prior knowledge of the subject

If you don't have any time or prior knowledge it is going to be almost impossible to finish a masters quickly. Earning a masters take work and there isnt a shortcut to success. You cant just click a few buttons on a computer and end up with a masters.

If you want something eaiser but less useful if I had to guess I think the workload of the wgu masters in leadership would be easier than an MBA plus most of leadership is common sense anyways. It might be eaiser to finish an Msl one term vs an mba. Not sure though.

That was me that finish Capella in two months. Please don't misunderstand quickness for easy. Because it wasn't easy. However, I'll let you rent my MBA for a small fee.
[-] The following 3 users Like xspect's post:
  • cwendy111, faresayari, SteveFoerster
@Aces up11, did you finish your BSBA at TESU already? Before I recommend anything, I usually verify a few things.
1) How much time do you have daily set aside to do your home/school work?
2) Do you have family commitments or other things that will take up your time?
3) Do you want a balanced degree to fit your balanced lifestyle? It'll be a mix of cheap/easy/fast.

In your case, the NCU MBA degree would be longer in length and expensive. I would recommend it for the DBA level though as it's the best ROI for the online DBA I've looked at (yes, even at $70K tuition, average/median return is $100K+/year positions or higher).

Your best bet is to stay with the competency based degree providers. The ones recommended are great, but you may want to add Purdue Global as well, I would go for that just for the name recognition itself! They have an MBA attainable with 2 courses and 52-1 credit assignments.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
WGU lets you graduate before the term is up, so look for any competency-based programs that allow that. If you need to actually graduate soon. If you don't need to graduate, just have the degree coursework done, I think you have more options.

Brandman University has a self paced masters in organizational leadership. If you can finish everything in 6 months you would only pay $3500 for a masters degree.
BABA, New England College, 2019

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 277 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 886 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 495 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 267 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,098 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,974 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,629 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 522 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,591 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,135 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat