Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest second AA you can get if you already have a first AA ?
I have a first general AA (i think the AA just says AA in general studies), and I wanna get a 2nd AA in Computer Science, where's the cheapest option available ?

I was looking at TESU and don't look worth getting just an AA in CS. Would be sorta worth it to get an AA in CS if i was completing a BA/BS in something else during the same period.

but for now, just wondering what's the cheapest option to get an AA in CS if I already have a first AA.
If you're getting a Bachelor's at TESU already, getting an ASNSM in Computer science would be "free" (except for the cost of any additional courses you might need) as long as you graduate with both degrees at the same time. If you already have an AA, it's not really worth it to get another one unless you can do so at no additional cost like you can at TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Oooo.. i always thought u had to pay an additional fee if u wanted an AA together with your BS/BA at TESU. But yeah, they seem to be the cheapest option if I was to finish an AA CS + a Bach. together
If you graduate separately, there would be an additional fee. But you only pay one graduation fee for graduating with multiple degrees at once. It's part of why graduating from TESU with 2 Bachelor's at once degrees is so popular.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
There is zero reason to get an AA in CS if you're going to get a BS in CS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-19-2021, 11:24 AM)dfrecore Wrote: There is zero reason to get an AA in CS if you're going to get a BS in CS.

If you can get AA in CS really fast, it can help you get a job in CS until you finish your BS in CS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • monchevy
(03-19-2021, 04:28 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 11:24 AM)dfrecore Wrote: There is zero reason to get an AA in CS if you're going to get a BS in CS.

If you can get AA in CS really fast, it can help you get a job in CS until you finish your BS in CS.

Also, most employer ATS these days won't even allow you to submit an application unless you can check the "degree" box. The AA in CS allows you to apply for jobs that you would have been shut out of otherwise, while you continue your BS studies.
(03-19-2021, 04:28 PM)nomaduser Wrote:

True but for TESU if you get an ASNSM CS and then come back for a bachelors that will cost over $4k extra.
(03-19-2021, 10:52 AM)nyvrem Wrote: I have a first general AA (i think the AA just says AA in general studies), and I wanna get a 2nd AA in Computer Science, where's the cheapest option available ?

I was looking at TESU and don't look worth getting just an AA in CS. Would be sorta worth it to get an AA in CS if i was completing a BA/BS in something else during the same period.

but for now, just wondering what's the cheapest option to get an AA in CS if I already have a first AA.

If an AAS with an Area of Emphasis in Computer Science would work for you, there's the BOG program at Pierpont Community & Technical College, for which (at present) there is no cost.
(03-19-2021, 06:08 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 10:52 AM)nyvrem Wrote: I have a first general AA (i think the AA just says AA in general studies), and I wanna get a 2nd AA in Computer Science, where's the cheapest option available ?

If an AAS with an Area of Emphasis in Computer Science would work for you, there's the BOG program at Pierpont Community & Technical College, for which (at present) there is no cost.

the BOG degree requires that you do not have any previous degrees.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - May 2025
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest/cheapest second bachelor’s degree Lingo55 19 4,937 04-30-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  35 Fastest Online School Degree Programs in 2021 LevelUP 1 1,211 03-05-2022, 08:45 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  How do I get the fastest bachelor’s degree and masters degree online in India? bhakti641 3 1,175 01-07-2022, 01:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need Help with Inexpensive but also fastest Track JWells247 11 3,047 11-19-2019, 08:50 PM
Last Post: alexvictorwhite
  Looking for fastest/cheapest degree. (Have 115 traditional credits) Nicole_9 13 2,844 10-18-2019, 05:14 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Fastest path to a computer science or software degree? Nutmeg0065 31 13,746 09-01-2018, 04:01 AM
Last Post: padma
  Cheapest Fastest RN to BSN??? rebel100 16 17,666 07-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Please Help with fastest bachelors degree for a friend leeloodallas 0 1,137 07-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Last Post: leeloodallas
  Fastest degree snocera 14 4,753 06-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  fastest way to bachelor's ? aap747 2 3,402 06-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Last Post: rlw74