Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final TESC BSBA Questions
I was working hard finishing up at EC for General Business and only need the capstone class starting on May (15 Week) but I was reviewing the forum and noticed I may already be done at TESC and wanted to clarify a few points.

I took PF Business Strategies and according to the board it looks like this counts for their "Capstone" correct?

I don't know about the responsible and Ethical Leadership and Personal and social responsibility requirements. I would be using PF Business Ethics for the Business in Society Requirement so I am not sure what I could use to fill Ethical Leadership. Would I also be able to use SL business ethics or do they duplicate?. I believe SL Cultural anthropology will count for Personal and Social Responsibility, correct?

I have my membership to SL and would prefer to knock out a class there if I can and need to.

Additionally it looks like they only require 12UL for this degree. I read about this on the board but no one seemed to agree on how many they actually require.

Thanks

I have taken the following SL classes already

Accounting I
Accounting II
American Government
Anatomy and Physiology I
Business Law
English Composition II
Introduction to Philosophy
Introduction to Religion
Introduction to Sociology
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Organizational Behavior
Principles of Management
United States History II
Western Civilization I
Western Civilization II
I can not answer all your questions since I am not familiar with BSBA requirements personally, but I can tell you that Introduction to Philosophy, Introduction to Religion , Introduction to Sociology, that you took from Straighterline can be used for personal/ social responsibility requirements in TESC, so I do not see that you need to take Cultural Anthropology.

You can download TESC catalog and look at pages 126-127 and see for yourself what fits for personal/ social responsibility requirements .
I took Straighterline Business Ethics and TESC transcribed it as PHI -384 and counted it as personal/ethical leadership requirement, but I cannot comment if Straighterline course will duplicate Penn Foster course.
Without knowing exactly what you have already tken, it's very hard to state whether or not you've met all (most) requirements for TESC's BSBA.

Lavagirl already answered your question on PSR section.

You will need to look at the costs to transfer. At TESC, if transferring in all credit, you will pay the enrolled options tuiition plan $3,154 out of state, grad fee $299, applic fee $75 and cost of transcripts. Compare against the cost of Excelsior's tuition and capstone course, what would your best choice?

Yes, PF's Strategic Business Management course fulfills the capstone requirement. Business Ethics should fill the Business Core requirement. To be safe, I would use DSST Ethics in America to fill the Ethics Leasdership requirement. It seems as if anything with business and ethics in the course title may be considered duplicate credit.

You have also not stated which BSBA you would be pursuing so I will answer based on the general management specialization.

Out of the 18 credits GMS required/electives section,
A. 12 must be U/L. (Keep in mind 15 U/L credits are included in the Business Core section.)
B. The required section must include three out of four areas of study.

Four Areas of Study
1. Accounting, 2. Finance, 3. Marketing, 4. Management

Sample - GM Specialization - Required
1. ACCT PF Intermediate Accounting I
3. MKTG PF Consumer Behavior (Upper Level)
4. MGMT SL Organizational Behavior (Upper Level)

Sample - GM Specialization - Electives
MGMT DSST Human Resource Management (Upper Level)
MGMT SOPHIA Project Management (Upper Level)
MKTG TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice

I hope this helped to answer some of your questions!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thank you both.

I understand it would cost slightly more to go thru TESC but I think I would be able to apply for the September graduation as opposed to November with CE. Not a big deal ( 2 months) but as I would officially be done with TESC now and only waiting on graduation I am thinking I would be able to apply for grad school for the fall term.

I will wait to see what my official eval comes back with.

Thanks
When did you apply to TESC? You misht want to contact the Registrar to ask if they can expedite your initial evaluation; it can usually take up to 8 weeks.

Bottom line - September or November, TESC or EC, whichever school you choose - You Win!! Congrats on all your hard work to date! It's such a good feeling to reach the finish line!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,157 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,786 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,051 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,723 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,016 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,686 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,297 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,753 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,042 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,512 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman