Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final paper prompt for UMPI business/ pm classes?
Since there’s no UMPI classes from end of Dec - mid Jan, I have extra time in my hands and I’m looking to get a head start on final essays for the classes I need. 
Could anybody share the essay prompts from some of the business/project management class final papers so I could work ahead? 
Thanks so much!
UMPI is supposed to move to Brightspace in January. Several courses have been reworked. I wouldn't do anything over the break until we know what has changed. The project management classes are all projects. Depending on which course, you have to work with Professor Dorsey on the projects directly. You also will need to complete the course content including quizzes and Milestones or whatever these will be on Brightspace.
Thanks for the heads up!

Do you know why they’re moving to Brightspace and what changes that platform might bring? Anywhere I can read about it?
We've talked about the move on here. Not much info has been released.
Likely because Brightspace is far cheaper than Strut, despite, Strut being designed better for the online learner. Once Strut hits 428 students, Brightspace will likely be cheaper. Brightspace is an annual fee of $15,000 for a college. Strut is $35 per student per year.

I'd imagine almost all classes would need to be redone so Brightspace will be far different. Most of the core classes right now came with Strut's software, so they'll need to recreate it to be unique to UMPI. I hope their quality and acceleration remains top notch.
(12-13-2022, 11:50 PM)ashkir Wrote: Likely because Brightspace is far cheaper than Strut, despite, Strut being designed better for the online learner. Once Strut hits 428 students, Brightspace will likely be cheaper. Brightspace is an annual fee of $15,000 for a college. Strut is $35 per student per year.

I'd imagine almost all classes would need to be redone so Brightspace will be far different. Most of the core classes right now came with Strut's software, so they'll need to recreate it to be unique to UMPI. I hope their quality and acceleration remains top notch.

They already pay for Brightspace for on campus students so it makes a lot of sense to pay one single flat fee instead of a flat fee for on campus and then per student on YourPace especially since YourPace has been growing really quickly with minimal advertising.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I know which of my classes will transfer? mt_1994 1 72 Yesterday, 04:32 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 227 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 163 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 5 134 Yesterday, 12:35 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 140 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 275 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 269 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  What accounting classes require exams or paper? I have 11 classes left Sarajane 7 405 04-20-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Sarajane
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,532 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,450 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley