Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final paper prompt for UMPI business/ pm classes?
Since there’s no UMPI classes from end of Dec - mid Jan, I have extra time in my hands and I’m looking to get a head start on final essays for the classes I need. 
Could anybody share the essay prompts from some of the business/project management class final papers so I could work ahead? 
Thanks so much!
UMPI is supposed to move to Brightspace in January. Several courses have been reworked. I wouldn't do anything over the break until we know what has changed. The project management classes are all projects. Depending on which course, you have to work with Professor Dorsey on the projects directly. You also will need to complete the course content including quizzes and Milestones or whatever these will be on Brightspace.
Thanks for the heads up!

Do you know why they’re moving to Brightspace and what changes that platform might bring? Anywhere I can read about it?
We've talked about the move on here. Not much info has been released.
Likely because Brightspace is far cheaper than Strut, despite, Strut being designed better for the online learner. Once Strut hits 428 students, Brightspace will likely be cheaper. Brightspace is an annual fee of $15,000 for a college. Strut is $35 per student per year.

I'd imagine almost all classes would need to be redone so Brightspace will be far different. Most of the core classes right now came with Strut's software, so they'll need to recreate it to be unique to UMPI. I hope their quality and acceleration remains top notch.
(12-13-2022, 11:50 PM)ashkir Wrote: Likely because Brightspace is far cheaper than Strut, despite, Strut being designed better for the online learner. Once Strut hits 428 students, Brightspace will likely be cheaper. Brightspace is an annual fee of $15,000 for a college. Strut is $35 per student per year.

I'd imagine almost all classes would need to be redone so Brightspace will be far different. Most of the core classes right now came with Strut's software, so they'll need to recreate it to be unique to UMPI. I hope their quality and acceleration remains top notch.

They already pay for Brightspace for on campus students so it makes a lot of sense to pay one single flat fee instead of a flat fee for on campus and then per student on YourPace especially since YourPace has been growing really quickly with minimal advertising.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 0 11 1 hour ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,140 1 hour ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,361 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 431 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 319 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What accounting classes require exams or paper? I have 11 classes left Sarajane 6 296 04-14-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: anthony3070
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 286 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 415 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,664 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 328 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM