Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Financial Management
Hey all,

I will be taking SDC FIN-104 Financial Management soon, and I wanted to get everyone's feedback on the course.

Level of difficulty
Length
Amount of calculations required compared to amount of vocabulary
Difficulty of final compared to quizzes and practice tests 
Any further information that you would believe to be relevant.

Also, would you recommend this course to fulfill principles of finance at TESU, or SDC Principles of finance?

As always, I really do appreciate everyone's awesome and helpful input!!
No info on the course itself, but I can tell you that FIN 101: Prin of Fin and FIN 104: Fin Mgmt both come into TESU as FIN-200, and will fulfill the Prin of Finance core requirement. I would choose the one that has the fewest lessons.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-27-2018, 02:33 PM)d.cononge Wrote: Hey all,

I will be taking SDC FIN-104 Financial Management soon, and I wanted to get everyone's feedback on the course.

Level of difficulty
Length

Also, would you recommend this course to fulfill principles of finance at TESU, or SDC Principles of finance?

How did this course work out for you? I’m about 70% through the quizzes & very worried about the amount of formulas to memorize!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
American Literature | CLEP | 70
Introduction to Business Law | CLEP | 70
Information Systems | CLEP | 74
Principles of Marketing | CLEP | 78
Principles of Management | CLEP | 72
Principles of Microeconomics | CLEP | 67
Business Ethics & Society | DSST | 465
Human Resource Management | DSST | 467
(01-11-2020, 06:03 PM)Formulas to remember?  Don\t you get to use the formula sheet when you take the exam?  Check the syllabus.   capers Wrote:

Level of difficulty
Length

How did this course work out for you? I’m about 70% through the quizzes & very worried about the amount of formulas to memorize!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
There's no mention in the syllabus of a formula sheet.  Allowed items are the provided calculator, blank scratch paper, and a pen/pencil.  The best strategy may be to "memorize" as much as possible immediately before the exam begins, and jot them down on the scratch paper once the proctoring has started.

Level of difficulty
Length

The finance course it says I need for my BSBA in CIS is Finance-301.  Will this class cover that requirement?
(01-12-2020, 01:53 PM)Raftingdon2 Wrote: The finance course it says I need for my BSBA in CIS is Finance-301.  Will this class cover that requirement?

That will depend on your school.  At COSC, this course transfers as FIN 210.  Study.com has a transfer guide that you can check (https://study.com/academy/college-accele...l#partners)  but it may not be up to date, so ask your advisor!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 251 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,294 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Sophia Project Management MrBossmanJr 19 3,325 09-15-2023, 06:00 PM
  Sophia - Principles of Management Kones 6 2,050 02-12-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: tsgreer
  Sophia - principals of finance or financial accounting? cclocks8 10 1,675 09-28-2022, 11:44 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Saylor BUS402: Project Management ClockworkHammer 4 1,209 11-19-2021, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Davar Adademy - Accounting 302 - Accounting for Management bookred 2 1,062 06-22-2021, 02:21 PM
  Sophia Project Management - TESU MAN210 Dorothy44 6 1,216 03-24-2021, 04:07 AM
  SDC Plans and speed for Database management StudentOLife 24 2,791 01-14-2021, 06:03 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Study.com Database Management Final Project FYI fork 30 6,253 01-12-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Seagull