Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finish Line is Near - Need College Algebra to Complete BSBA in Finance (TESU)
I would take Corporate Finance at Study.com even though it would cost you $140 with a discount code. It would be quicker and there is no chance of failing that course. (drop FDR 440)

Taking College Algebra at Sophia would be the easiest.

I don't know if you have something for the last credit needed for "Natural World", if not take environmental science at Sophia.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(04-30-2022, 02:06 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I would take Corporate Finance at Study.com even though it would cost you $140 with a discount code. It would be quicker and there is no chance of failing that course. (drop FDR 440)

I don't know if you have something for the last credit needed for "Natural World", if not take environmental science at Sophia.

If the OP takes Corporate Finance at Study.com wouldn't it make sense to just get the College Algebra credit within the same month as well - no extra cost.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(04-30-2022, 02:06 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I would take Corporate Finance at Study.com even though it would cost you $140 with a discount code. It would be quicker and there is no chance of failing that course. (drop FDR 440)

If you're going to pay for Study.com, you may as well get both of the courses you need there.  There's no sense paying for Sophia College Algebra when you can take SDC's MAT 105: Precalculus Algebra for "free" at that point.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-29-2022, 05:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Drop the Fundraising for Nonprofits (-$1557), take FIN-401: Corporate Finance from Saylor ($5 for proctored final exam, comes in as FIN-301), and take an easy TECEP like Applied Liberal Arts Math for your RA ($150 - this will replace a GE course from CLEP/DSST). Take the College Algebra CLEP via ModernStates for free, or ALEKS for $20/mo.

Just saved you $1400 and a ton of time and effort.

So I do want to take the Fundraising for Nonprofits course. It's actually $750 for me being (ex)military and a little extra for the convenience fee to pay via credit card which I don't believe is refundable. My GPA is a little lacking at the time being. All the pass/fail ACE credits has made it so that getting one C has really weighed down my GPA.

(04-29-2022, 10:12 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
gams007 Wrote:Information literacy I see another course fulfill it, how is that possible?

That's the TES-100 Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning which was the previous cornerstone until they changed it to the current Critical Information Literacy SOS-110.  The OP's on an older catalog year and that's the reason they're allowed to continue with the "old" catalog requirements...

Correct. This was something I double-checked with administration about but since I'm in the old catalog requirements I don't need to take SOS-110.

So my game plan in case anyone wants to critique it is to take the course for FDR 440. My GPA is lacking at a sub 3.0 right now. Getting a B+ or greater in this course plus the Capstone would help improve my GPA should I feel the urge to go to grad school. I still have my GI Bill completely untouched so I don't see a reason why not.

I want to get College Algebra knocked out by the end of May. Between Sophia, Saylor, and Aleks which one makes the most sense?

June I want to enroll in the Capstone. With all this scheduled I should be completely done by the end of August.
You can register for the June, July, or August capstone and still graduate in December 2022: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

For College Algebra, Sophia would likely be the easiest/fastest option; it'd cost more than an individual ALEKS subscription (but less than ASU). Saylor would be the cheapest option at $5/attempt.

You can find out the number of A-level credits required to get your ideal GPA by filling out "Current Cumulative GPA" and "Desired GPA": https://www2.tesu.edu/gpa/index.php
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
I would work on Sophia.org and get some other classes completed while you're at it if you really want to max the subscription... Then slowly get the FDR 440 done to bump up your GPA, the last course would be the Capstone, just make sure to complete the assignments, writings, whatever it is that needs to be done on time before the deadlines. If you need to extend either course, do so as sometimes "life happens" and something or a commitment might take your time away from studies...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,895 Today, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 191 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 184 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 8 646 04-10-2024, 11:40 PM
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 382 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 1,002 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 453 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Need to finish up fast channaleah 6 571 03-17-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,015 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 777 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts