Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finished all courses at Sophia! YAY
Hey everyone, Happy New Year! I am working on my last class at Sophia. I can't believe time flies so fast. It's been an interesting journey, but I still have more to do in the future. I will enroll at UMPI in July or the fall of 2023 because I do not have the time or money to devote to additional study. I also want to ask a question. I want to hold on to my Sophia transcripts. Should I get the unofficial PDF transcripts or message the Sophia team for a better way? Thank you all for helping out so much! Much Love!
Heart

Currently taking
English comp 2

Classes finished so far
English comp 1
Spanish 1
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Financial Accounting
Conflict resolution
Intro to Information Technology
Intro to Web Development
Project Management
Business Law
Approach to Religion Studies
Visual Communication
Communication at Work
Introduction to Business
Intro to Sociology
Intro to Ethics
US History 2
US History 1
Environmental Science
Art History 2
Art History 1
I personally would get them sent over to Credly now, and then when you apply to UMPI, I think you can request that Sophia send a Parchment transcript.

This way, you have them "saved" at Credly, and also have the option to send directly from Sophia. Win-win.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • HappyPeanut, Pikachu
Congratulations on completing so many courses. I know you mentioned there are more to come–I would suggest if you still need language and Science with Lab to meet the UMPI graduation requirements to complete before your start in July:

Spanish 1,
Intro to Chemistry
Intro to Chemistry Lab
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
(01-01-2023, 02:53 PM)KSoul Wrote: Congratulations on completing so many courses. I know you mentioned there are more to come–I would suggest if you still need language and Science with Lab to meet the UMPI graduation requirements to complete before your start in July:

Spanish 1,
Intro to Chemistry
Intro to Chemistry Lab

The OP already took Spanish 1 through Sophia.  Looks like they still need Biology and then the Chemistry w/Lab.  Unless they have another plan to meet the science requirements (Bio w/lab through Study perhaps, as they took the environmental science at Sophia?)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • HappyPeanut
Overnight but thanks for confirming my additional information.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
Congratulations!!!!
Teacher-22 years, College Coach-6 years
Excelsior BSLA-daughter at 16
TESU BALS-son at 20

Study- SAVE 30% code: SMARTER
LawShelf- SAVE $30 BOGO code: SB1D
Coopersmith- Planning & Advising

[-] The following 1 user Likes smarterby1degree's post:
  • HappyPeanut
That is amazing! How long did it take you to get through all of those classes? Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Indieblue's post:
  • HappyPeanut
(01-01-2023, 02:42 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I personally would get them sent over to Credly now, and then when you apply to UMPI, I think you can request that Sophia send a Parchment transcript.

This way, you have them "saved" at Credly, and also have the option to send directly from Sophia.  Win-win.

Thank you for your reply! I looked into the Credly system and how it operates. It looks like a reliable place to save my Sophia credits. I will try that out! Thank you!

(01-01-2023, 04:15 PM)allvia Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 02:53 PM)KSoul Wrote: Congratulations on completing so many courses. I know you mentioned there are more to come–I would suggest if you still need language and Science with Lab to meet the UMPI graduation requirements to complete before your start in July:

Spanish 1,
Intro to Chemistry
Intro to Chemistry Lab

The OP already took Spanish 1 through Sophia.  Looks like they still need Biology and then the Chemistry w/Lab.  Unless they have another plan to meet the science requirements (Bio w/lab through Study perhaps, as they took the environmental science at Sophia?)

Yes, I will enroll in Bio with Lab at Study.com during the summer. I completed my Spanish course with a decent grade!

(01-06-2023, 10:05 AM)Indieblue Wrote: That is amazing! How long did it take you to get through all of those classes? Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment!

It took a little over a year to finish all of them. Although I still haven't received my degree, it feels good to know I am completing my courses.
Hey everyone! Thank you for your help in guiding me during my Sophia courses! I really appreciate it! I finished all of my classes at Sophia and will spend the summer doing biology with lab and two other courses at study.com.Following that, I will enroll in UMPI in the fall. I will consider sending my Sophia credits to Credly. Thank you again!
Heart

Finished classes at Sophia
English comp 2
English comp 1
Spanish 1
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Financial Accounting
Conflict resolution
Intro to Information Technology
Intro to Web Development
Project Management
Business Law
Approach to Religion Studies
Visual Communication
Communication at Work
Introduction to Business
Intro to Sociology
Intro to Ethics
US History 2
US History 1
Environmental Science
Art History 2
Art History 1
You can do Human Biology with lab at Sophia instead of Biology 101L at Study.com. It'll be way cheaper and may be faster, too!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • HappyPeanut, kidneysmasher

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 307 Today, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 762 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,200 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,285 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 302 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 638 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 896 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 212 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 877 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 689 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM