Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finnish credits to TESU
Many thanks 
I Plan to take fundamentals of AI, Fundamentals of deep learning and Machine Learning with Python for a total of 20 ECTS credits at the Finnish metropolia university online. It's about 300€ and maybe a couple of hundred for the evaluation. I wanted to ask if anyone know how many us credits these are equivalent to and if they come in as upper or lower level credits. Last time I had credits evaluated form the UK I used 2 different evaluators and got wildly different results WES gave me about 85 credits and ECE gave me 50 credits, does anyone have experience evaluating these ECTS credits what did you get for them and did they come in as UL or LL credits. 
It's difficult to say with any certainty, but ACEI has evaluated different courses at the rate of about 2 ECTS = 1 US credit or 1 ECTS = 5 US credits. It really depends on the courses and the specific evaluator. I would estimate low (20 ECTS = 10 RA credits) and, hopefully, be pleasantly surprised. You might want to throw in a few of Metropolia's free course offerings to bring the total up to an estimated 15+ credits.

They'll probably be all LL credits, but it's possible that some of the Metropolia courses will come in as UL.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Got it, thanks.

I also would like to ask for information about the difficulty of the CS courses from Metropolia. How long let's say does Python Programming or Discrete Math take?
I'm not sure if we've had anyone complete those yet. IIRC, we have had one student who reported finishing several Metropolia classes in less than a week, but I don't remember if they were those or different classes.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-12-2023, 10:10 AM)umgt Wrote: Got it, thanks.

I also would like to ask for information about the difficulty of the CS courses from Metropolia. How long let's say does Python Programming or Discrete Math take?

I recently took Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and it was an easy class overall with the grading being based exclusively on practice problems ranging from 4 to 8 of them per chapter. I finished it in less than a day, actually.

I'm actually taking Python Programming right now because they want you to take an object-oriented programming class before taking Data Structures and Algorithms. So far, the class is harder and more work than the Artificial Intelligence class, but it's not that hard and the knowledge from Sophia's Python class is definitely helping me move forward fast. If it's your first programming class, you could take a bit longer to finish it, but there's better ways of learning Python in my opinion.

What I can definitely agree with is that there's questions that are worded kind of strangely, probably to provide a challenge, but it comes off counterintuitive and you can't always find the answer directly based on how they word it (I had to make educated guesses in those cases). Also, I can agree that the there being no proctored exams definitely makes it easier to complete the classes.

I don't think I'll be taking Discrete Math because I already took it at a local community college and I didn't really like it, honestly.

If you want to try the courses, many of them are actually on the Viope platform Metropolia uses and you can actually sign up easily because there's no ID verification (https://vw4.viope.com/login?org=metropolia). Just press where it says "Enroll on the course" and choose your initial course and try to get at least an 80% in the class so that you don't have to make another account and redo the course when you do actually want to get the grade in your Metropolia account (you email Metropolia to get your grade once you're done with the course).
[-] The following 2 users Like mariobros1985's post:
  • MrPanda, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 515 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,289 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,227 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 373 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 207 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az