Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First post! Please critique my TESU BSBA GM plan!
I have to pick one last StraighterLine course to fill my General Education Electives. According to an example degree plan Dfrecore posted, I can put any Social Science, Humanities, Natural Science, Computer Science, or Math. I have already bought 18 other StraighterLine courses and I want to avoid math or any course that is more than the standard $59 so my options are low. 

#1. Could I do Personal Fitness and Wellness, Anatomy and Physiology I, General Chemistry 1, Microbiology, or Introduction to Biology?

#2. Which ones are Natural Sciences? I have already done Introduction to Environmental Science and Introduction to Nutrition for the Understanding the Physical and Natural World section of my degree plan.
Personal Fitness - no, that's not considered a Gen Ed. The rest are all NatSci courses, and will work.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • karaloehrer
I feel stuck. I want to sign up for the March Business Capstone and I have 75 units applied to my degree with the unofficial Academic Evaluation. Between my ACE transcript, Cornerstone, Study, and StraighterLine courses, I have the 25 credits I need to hit the 99 credit requirement before you can start your Capstone. The problem is, I sent my transcripts about a month and a half ago and TESU has not applied them to my degree. On my Academic Evaluation, it says, "You have received your second and final academic evaluation as an applicant. We encourage you to enroll in order to utilize academic advising to facilitate degree completion." I payed my $75 application fee last June and I did the Cornerstone this year. I know you have to take class to keep your enrollment but I can't even apply for my Capstone because it says I need a petition. When I asked the school, they said it was because of the 99 credit policy. But I need to enroll in a class to have those extra 25 credits looked at and applied to my degree. Am I missing something? I keep going in circles.
(02-23-2019, 06:36 PM)karaloehrer Wrote: I feel stuck. I want to sign up for the March Business Capstone and I have 75 units applied to my degree with the unofficial Academic Evaluation. Between my ACE transcript, Cornerstone, Study, and StraighterLine courses, I have the 25 credits I need to hit the 99 credit requirement before you can start your Capstone. The problem is, I sent my transcripts about a month and a half ago and TESU has not applied them to my degree. On my Academic Evaluation, it says, "You have received your second and final academic evaluation as an applicant. We encourage you to enroll in order to utilize academic advising to facilitate degree completion." I payed my $75 application fee last June and I did the Cornerstone this year. I know you have to take class to keep your enrollment but I can't even apply for my Capstone because it says I need a petition. When I asked the school, they said it was because of the 99 credit policy. But I need to enroll in a class to have those extra 25 credits looked at and applied to my degree. Am I missing something? I keep going in circles.

Technically you need at least 100 credits and the majority of the courses in your AOS complete, evaluated, and listed on your TESU transcript before you can petition to unlock the capstone. But it sounds like you should be there if you get the balance of credits evaluated. (By majority, I think you can only be missing 1 or 2 courses in your AOS).

If you have already taken the cornerstone then you should be enrolled already. Normally you become enrolled 10 days after the start of the term in which you registered for any class at TESU, including the cornerstone or a TECEP. I'd log into OSS, click on "My Profile" and look at your student status to see if it says applied or enrolled. I think it will also show your status under "My Student ID" as a backup.

If it shows your status as applied, you should also click on "Unofficial Transcript" to verify that the cornerstone course (TES-100) is showing up as complete on your transcript. If it lists the cornerstone, then there is no reason you should still be in applied status. If not, then I'd want to know why not? Either way, I'd contact the school to ask what's going on.

If it shows your status is enrolled, then there is no reason you should be limited to two evaluations, since you are enrolled as a student, not as an applicant. I'd call the school to say you submitted transcripts which haven't been evaluated and you need them evaluated ASAP so you will show that you have the 100 credits needed to unlock the capstone. Since you're enrolled there should be no reason why those transcripts haven't been evaluated yet given its been more than a month since they were submitted.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • dfrecore

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 32 433 2 hours ago
Last Post: crowbird
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 310 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 193 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 216 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 373 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 344 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 855 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,578 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite