Poll: What was your Market Research CBE score?
This poll is closed.
0-70
0%
0 0%
71-83
0%
0 0%
84-90
0%
0 0%
91-100
100.00%
1 100.00%
101-110
0%
0 0%
111-120
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Marketing Majors: CSU CBE "Market Research" is accepted
Response from TESU Academic Advising:

"The Colorado State University- Global course, MKG470EX Market Research, will transfer in at the upper level. It will equate to MAR-411, Marketing Research, and will apply towards the Marketing area of study when you add the Bachelor's degree in said program."

This information may be unnecessary, but I was fearful it may not be accepted, so it may be helpful to others.
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
Update: I'm liking the CSU-Global CBE format a lot! I applied for free on february 2nd with a promo from an enrollment counselor, then she put me in a "Shell" of a class(shell, because no active teacher).

I still had not paid, and had access to the entire wealth of information associated with Market Research(albeit, no access to the book that is referenced).
It was divided into eight modules, plus a folder with testing info, syllabus etc. and another with a pre-test.

I attempted the pre-test in the beginning and realized it was way too specific in terminology for me to attempt it further(so I stopped after a few questions). I then went through all eight modules, each one had practice questions with which you could test yourself afterwards. I made these all into flash cards, tested again, some new questions would pop up, and I'd make these flash cards as well.

After I did this with all eight modules, I once again went through the practice tests for each chapter, then took the Pre-test. I scored a 99/100 on the pre-test, however, many of the questions were the similar or the same as the practice questions. There were even around three questions that had been repeated twice.

I'm hoping I'm now ready to take the final and am currently scheduling it, will give another update after that Smile
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
OK, so I just took the test.

I was not as prepared as I had thought, the pre-test is only partially like the real one.

After going through a 5-10 minute webcam verification and setup process, the proctor typed in the code and I was ready to go.
He did not know anything about the test setup, so I was kind of on my own.

First thing I noticed was that YOU CANNOT go back. Once you click "next" - that's it - the question is submitted and even if you realize it right as you're submitting, it's over. This happened to me with about two questions.

Next thing I noticed was my first question: It was an ESSAY question .
I did not expect any short answer/essay questions and had no clue how many there would be, but I spent a decent amount of time on each, since hoped that there would be multiple choice at some point.

I was thankfully right, and question 6-100 were all multiple choice(1 Point). That on top of 5 Essay questions(5 points ea), puts the total at 120 points.

One thing that showed up repeatedly, and which I had NOT studied enough was scales. I knew all the names of the scales, but you have to know exactly what each one does (ordinal, nominal, interval and ratio). This came up again and again. You've been warned

I was scared throughout the test, since I had not known there would be any essay questions and I definitely felt the adrenaline from that. In the end, I think I did pass, but since it is an essay/short answer test, I'll have to wait for the results.

Out of the 120 points, I would say that around 20 points are the same or similar to the pre-test and practice quiz questions. So studying those automatically gives you an advantage. Since the practice/pre-test questions are quite in-depth, I did learn a lot from them too.

The results aren't in yet, so I guess you'll get another update :p

I would estimate what I think my score is, but I think a lot of it depends on the essay grader.
Here’s my multiple choice guess, that I scored at least 70/95. :confused:/25 for essay. haha.

I also added a poll for people who've taken this test, or will be taking this test in the future. It may be useful
ACE/ALT 41 CR
Update:

Test graded and received a 99/120, so I passed Smile
ACE/ALT 41 CR

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Digital Marketing and E Commerce Professional Certificate now now ACE MNomadic 19 5,897 08-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Research Papers Study.com joshua27 1 564 01-21-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: allvia
  SDC 309 Digital Marketing & Advertising Dorothy44 3 3,045 01-15-2021, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  Research Methods in Psychology - Study Material romoh 4 1,360 12-06-2020, 01:21 AM
Last Post: harrypotter
  How to find out which courses are accepted by SNHU? Ruroni 8 4,941 12-03-2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: beto
  Intro to Marketing natshar 14 2,466 09-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Last Post: akr680
  SDC | Marketing 101: Intro to Marketing & Finance 104: Financial Management akr680 4 957 09-16-2020, 10:45 AM
  Marketing 303: Global Marketing for TESU akr680 3 861 05-13-2020, 12:41 PM
  Completed Marketing on SDC in 1 day Clepking100 5 1,137 04-07-2020, 03:40 AM
Last Post: terryd5150
  Principles of Marketing Study Guide mrey11 2 972 02-07-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: mrey11