Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreign degrees online
Forgive me if there's already a thread about this. Has anyone here compiled a list of affordable online degrees from foreign universities that are affordable? I had considered this option at one point and I'm back on that idea. I thought this might be of interest to others on DF.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
I think you can just go online and find them. I've read about them recently. Like, in different foreign countries, tuition is completely free - but living expenses are not. And they teach the courses in English. I know Germany was one I've read about, I think Brazil, some additional European countries as well. Not sure if any of them have online options though.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If you're an EU or EEA citizen you can take Swedish Masters degrees online for free. They start in Sept and so applications are closed for this year now, but there were 12 available starting this month, that were pure distance learning without the need to attend.
https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl...sterPart=0
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)
Master of Business Administration: ENEB Isabel I

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
dfrecore Wrote:I think you can just go online and find them. I've read about them recently. Like, in different foreign countries, tuition is completely free - but living expenses are not. And they teach the courses in English. I know Germany was one I've read about, I think Brazil, some additional European countries as well. Not sure if any of them have online options though.

I thought this would be a good topic for those sticking to low-cost options for graduate school via distance learning. I've found lots of information using a Google search but haven't heard much about these experiences from you guys.

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
I looked at a program called FUNIBER and even hunted down some alumni to get their opinions on the applied linguistics degrees. It offers, among other things, an opportunity to do a dual master's degree for a low cost. FUNIBER itself doesn't grant the degrees; the colleges who participate in the organization do. Unfortunately, it seems like the program is no longer affiliated with the colleges who granted the degrees to the people I spoke to. I'm skeptical of the other colleges offering degrees now and the office to contact for information isn't the most professional.

If anyone has experience with online degrees from abroad, I'd love to hear about it.

I'm now looking at Universidad Nebrija in Spain. The entire program would be just under $7k US dollars. The admission requirements include and interview and entrance exam but the decisions are made relatively quickly from what I understand. It would especially be great to hear any opinions on Nebrija beyond what's available online.

I do know of the Edinburgh Business School/Heriot-Watt University MBA program. It's self-paced DL, you study the materials they give you and then go sit for your exam at certain times of the year.

It's 925 pounds for the course materials, and then 140 pounds for the exam. Do this 9 times and you are good to go! Works out to about $14k. Not as cheap as some, but I hear it's a well-respected program in the UK (they also have the butt-in-seat option for $22k).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The Canadian dollar should be cheap for the foreseeable future because of low oil prices, so it is a good time to take advantage of it if you're interested. Tuition rates for international students are often lower than in-state tuition at state schools and some programs do not even charge higher tuition for international students. The programs are comparatively limited and generally technologically inferior compared to the UK or Australia, but they are cheaper, too.

This is a good place to start:
Universities Canada Study Programs Database | UniversityStudy.ca
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Yanji Wrote:The Canadian dollar should be cheap for the foreseeable future because of low oil prices, so it is a good time to take advantage of it if you're interested. Tuition rates for international students are often lower than in-state tuition at state schools and some programs do not even charge higher tuition for international students. The programs are comparatively limited and generally technologically inferior compared to the UK or Australia, but they are cheaper, too.

This is a good place to start:
Universities Canada Study Programs Database | UniversityStudy.ca

That's really interesting. Thank you for sharing!

South African and Australian schools are popular on the other forum. It doesn't get much cheaper than UNISA. There is an Indian school that has a partnership with Saylor for one of their masters programs.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
UNISA was at one point DEAC accredited (NA) (as well as accredited by their own country's standards). It looks like they didn't renew DEAC accreditation. That's too bad, since even though DEAC isn't the best, it can be useful for employer tuition reimbursement and such.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 197 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 10 942 04-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 27 17,686 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: David1477
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 337 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 607 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 499 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 655 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 368 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Discerning dubious from legit foreign schools rachel83az 19 5,403 03-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ebbwvale
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 583 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone