Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Free 6 Month Subscription to Coursera Google, Facebook, & IBM, It Certs Experience
Information 
I just signed up for The American Dream Academy and will share my experience doing these certification programs.

Why I'm Doing These Certifications

I have a bachelor's degree in business administration and computer science, so doing these certifications allows me to review the material I already know, fill in any gaps of stuff I don't know, and serve as additional proof of my skills. I should be able to complete these certs in a few days or up to a week each. Keep in mind I will be skipping lots of vids, etc.

Why I Recommend These Certifications

From what I have seen so far, I highly recommend these certifications if you need cheap ACE credit, are interested in these topics, or want something to throw on your resume.

You get 3 tries every 24hrs for every assignment, so there is no risk of trying. Most of these certifications seem easy for someone with little experience to complete in around 2 weeks. Watching videos at 2x speed helps or skipping stuff you already know.

Google IT Support

Lots of good stuff in this course. There are a bunch of interactive lessons such as virtual windows and Linux OS.

Some of the stuff is pretty basic, and some require some knowledge.

Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce

All of the challenges are quizzes. I have a bunch of previous knowledge.

Google Project Management

This course is a mix of quizzes and writing projects. The capstone looks like a bit of a bear as it's all writing assignments. However, I should feel right at home as long as it's business related.

Google Data Analytics or Google UX Design

I can't decide yet which ones I want to do. I was going to wait till I completed the other 3 certs I started. Both look like good courses and courses which I would have the most to learn.

Helpful Links

ACE Credits for Certs

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

Post Reviews on Coursera Courses

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...alizations
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 5 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • AwardTour, ISKBizz15, origamishuttle, sparkling, StoicJ
Do any of these focus on coding?
None of the certs offered by The American Dream Academy really focus on coding. The closest would be Data Analytics.

There are other Coursera certs (not covered by TADA) that could apply to coding. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera Perhaps IBM's Full Stack Developer one? If you're interested in a cert not covered by TADA, PM me and I can potentially help you get free access.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • omicreativedev
(08-22-2022, 07:26 AM)ACI Wrote: Do any of these focus on coding?

I am doing the Google Data Analytics and it has some R and SQL.

Thank you for this post!

When it originally launched I did the Google Project Management course, which led me to pursue my PMP after.

Because of the free American Dream program, I decided to do the Google Data Analytics one, I am halfway done. I am comfortable with Excel and Google Sheets, SQL and R are new to me. They do jump very quickly from beginner spreadsheet stuff to complicated SQL queries, so it has kind of thrown me for a loop. I decided to pursue another Data Camp SQL course to help me out. I am glad I am taking this course, but it does seem to have some issues in regards to their teaching plan.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • LevelUP, upgrayedd
Does this open all the course/programs that are available as part of Coursera Plus (in addition to those listed as you must complete 'one'), or does it limit you only to the list?  (See below for list)

The Career Certificates offered by The American Dream Academy are designed to prepare you to pursue an in-demand career and require no previous experience. You are required to complete one of them. They include:

IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
   Meta: Facebook Social Media Marketing
   Google Data Analytics
   Google IT Support
   Google UX Design
   Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
   Salesforce Sales Development Representative
   Salesforce Sales Operations
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-22-2022, 08:27 AM)allvia Wrote: Does this open all the course/programs that are available as part of Coursera Plus (in addition to those listed as you must complete 'one'), or does it limit you only to the list?  (See below for list)

The Career Certificates offered by The American Dream Academy are designed to prepare you to pursue an in-demand career and require no previous experience. You are required to complete one of them. They include:

IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
   Meta: Facebook Social Media Marketing
   Google Data Analytics
   Google IT Support
   Google UX Design
   Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
   Salesforce Sales Development Representative
   Salesforce Sales Operations

You are limited to the list.

One thing I wonder does TESU take Google Data Analytics as an R programming course for the BSBA CIS?

One trend I noticed is when they list 4 possible answers, it is almost always 3 choices. So never select one or two answers unless they say pick 2 or something.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Google Data Analytics counts for:
ITS-130 Database Fundamentals
ITS-231 Database Programming
COS-206 R Programming
ITS-199 Special Topics in ITS

So, yes, it should work for the BSBA CIS.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP
(08-22-2022, 07:46 AM)mohelena02 Wrote:
(08-22-2022, 07:26 AM)ACI Wrote: Do any of these focus on coding?

I am doing the Google Data Analytics and it has some R and SQL.

Thank you for this post!

When it originally launched I did the Google Project Management course, which led me to pursue my PMP after.

Because of the free American Dream program, I decided to do the Google Data Analytics one, I am halfway done. I am comfortable with Excel and Google Sheets, SQL and R are new to me. They do jump very quickly from beginner spreadsheet stuff to complicated SQL queries, so it has kind of thrown me for a loop. I decided to pursue another Data Camp SQL course to help me out. I am glad I am taking this course, but it does seem to have some issues in regards to their teaching plan.

Check if your local library gives free access to LinkedLearning. I find their short videos very easy to follow and beginner friendly.
FYI, if you wanted to see more info on what TADA Pathways are, here's the Link: https://theamericandreamacademy.org/asse...thways.pdf

I think it's a great idea to take all you can but "pace yourself".  These certs seem like a great addition to the degree and experience you will gain from enrolling/joining the TADA/Coursera offerings provided.  Even though some of these don't have ACE recommendation for credit, the knowledge and skill set taught would be helpful.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
Does Meta Front-End Developer has any ACE credits?
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Coupon akr680 2 288 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: akr680
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,450 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,361 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 621 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,601 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,048 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia English Composition II Experience lifted567 14 1,851 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,370 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  The official guide to Coursera certificates & specializations rachel83az 14 11,575 11-20-2023, 09:05 PM
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 707 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM