Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free College Is Now a Reality in Nearly 30 States
Free college is now a reality in nearly 30 states
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/08/free-col...tates.html
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • ISKBizz15, jsd, Vle045
I’m jealous.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Free - AKA "the F word" in my house. That's Taxpayer-funded college. Not getting into a debate over whether this is good or not, just correcting that "free" thing.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • uncapentin, warriortaupou
I've paid tons of taxes for decades with my money going to nonsense. I approve of using my money to educate the country.
[-] The following 9 users Like Blckbuster's post:
  • carrythenothing, Flelm, ISKBizz15, jch, jsd, louise, rachel83az, ss20ts, TINASAM
You've gotta pay taxes anyway. Why not get something out of it, rather than just watch the military spending budget bloat even more?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Flelm, jsd
Well if you really want to drill down to it, most of the knowledge taught in college is essentially readily available for almost free. Sometimes I wonder how we all got roped into paying all this money to learn what we could just learn for next to nothing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • uncapentin
(04-13-2022, 09:19 AM)raycathode Wrote: Well if you really want to drill down to it, most of the knowledge taught in college is essentially readily available for almost free. Sometimes I wonder how we all got roped into paying all this money to learn what we could just learn for next to nothing.

It’s a money racket. Just like $300 text books. How many $300 books do you see at Books a Million ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • uncapentin
If we always do what we’ve always done, we’ll always get what we’ve always got. Wink

These free/nearly free options weren’t always readily available like they are now. We just gotta keep spreading the word. I do often wonder why online programs aren’t less expensive. I would imagine it costs less for the university…. But I really don’t know.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(04-13-2022, 09:19 AM)raycathode Wrote: Well if you really want to drill down to it, most of the knowledge taught in college is essentially readily available for almost free. Sometimes I wonder how we all got roped into paying all this money to learn what we could just learn for next to nothing.

I agree that this is the case NOW, but I don't think it was always so.  I'd say over the last 20 years or so.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Blckbuster Wrote:I've paid tons of taxes for decades with my money going to nonsense. I approve of using my money to educate the country.

rachel83az Wrote:You've gotta pay taxes anyway. Why not get something out of it, rather than just watch the military spending budget bloat even more?

+1, I do agree... Having said that, they need a "better" budget and system to utilize the funds more effectively.  Some government divisions are spending money as if it's "nothing" or growing on trees.  Say a government organization needs X million to upgrade their computer systems, instead of looking for a good budget set of systems, they're investing in companies that upsell their products and services.  

I'd like them to propose changes that will make use of money/resources better...  Here's an example, this person spent probably $1,000 on parts for his experiment to see if he can create a $300 iphone, he was successful.  I would have been cheaper just to buy the iphone instead of getting all these extra spare parts.  Government agencies are doing just that, extra fluff and it's not needed... https://gineersnow.com/industries/consum...-parts-300
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,509 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,948 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,185 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,539 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,933 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 426 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 234 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 501 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 392 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 731 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM