Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afoqt
Hi everyone.

I'm deployed, taking two classes, starting a 3rd in a month while studying for the AFOQT. I don't feel too overwhelmed with it all since I have nothing but time mostly on this deployment, but for the AFOQT I want to ensure I'm looking at quality study materials. Of course, the material will only help if I put in work.

With that, if anyone has taken the AFOQT can you provide feedback on what you used? If anyone used Peterson's online tests, how would you rate it? I have the Barron book and quite a few FAA handbooks via PDF. I've been getting my math practice in and looking up new words. I've also been studying root words, prefixes and suffixes to help me along on the verbal analogies and word knowledge portion. I'm mainly concerned with getting good Quantitative & Verbal scores I intend to apply for non-rated slots, but I want to do well overall.

Any additional feedback you can offer about your entire application process would be greatly appreciated.
I pretty much went in blind when I took it. The only part I studied for was the flying section where you read the compass and ADI. That being said, it seems that what you're studying so far is the correct way to do it. The test is long (like 5 hours or so) so be prepared mentally for that. I got one 15 min break when I took it. Also, each section is timed so if you don't know the answer to a question move on. There are going to be sections that you just won't finish, and that is normal. Don't get stressed when that happens since it may affect your performance on subsequent sections.

What board are you applying for? Any this FY, or are you too far out from completing your degree?
Spartan26 Wrote:I pretty much went in blind when I took it. The only part I studied for was the flying section where you read the compass and ADI. That being said, it seems that what you're studying so far is the correct way to do it. The test is long (like 5 hours or so) so be prepared mentally for that. I got one 15 min break when I took it. Also, each section is timed so if you don't know the answer to a question move on. There are going to be sections that you just won't finish, and that is normal. Don't get stressed when that happens since it may affect your performance on subsequent sections.

What board are you applying for? Any this FY, or are you too far out from completing your degree?

I have a short tour now, so I think I might have to wait until I get there to apply. If I don't have to wait, then I'm shooting for the August board. Currently in four classes, if I pass these four, I will only have 2. One of which I will be testing out of this upcoming week--pray for me! I'm also looking at giving the MSC route another shot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AFOQT/ASTB audio book study material. morig 3 3,179 08-22-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: kodiak61