Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Ethics Course
I just received my updated evaluation from TESU and my free ethics course from the institutes came in as fulfilling the "diversity" requirement and not the "ethics" requirement. Have they recently changed the equivalency for this course or was this a mistake?
What's the course number they equated it to? Most likely it could fit in either slot, or a mistake was made, and you simply need to ask that it be moved to the ethics slot.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
It came in as PHI-384. I haven't taken an actual diversity course yet so I guess it's fine that it came in the way it did. I was planning on taking Intro to Sociology at SL for the diversity requirement, but I could just swap that out with Business Ethics. Do you have any idea which course is more difficult?
Btaylor89 Wrote:It came in as PHI-384. I haven't taken an actual diversity course yet so I guess it's fine that it came in the way it did. I was planning on taking Intro to Sociology at SL for the diversity requirement, but I could just swap that out with Business Ethics. Do you have any idea which course is more difficult?

So if I understand correctly, you're considering using the CPCU Ethics credits for your Diversity requirement and StraighterLine's Business Ethics in your Ethics requirement?

You can't do that, because StraighterLine's Business Ethics has an equivalency of PHI-384 just like CPCU Ethics so they'd duplicate.

If you want to use CPCU Ethics under Diversity and want another course for Ethics, I highly recommend Environmental Ethics course from Saylor. Very easy 3 credits to fulfill the Ethics requirement and only $20-25.
Nixi Wrote:So if I understand correctly, you're considering using the CPCU Ethics credits for your Diversity requirement and StraighterLine's Business Ethics in your Ethics requirement?

You can't do that, because StraighterLine's Business Ethics has an equivalency of PHI-384 just like CPCU Ethics so they'd duplicate.

If you want to use CPCU Ethics under Diversity and want another course for Ethics, I highly recommend Environmental Ethics course from Saylor. Very easy 3 credits to fulfill the Ethics requirement and only $20-25.

Yes, that's exactly what I was considering. Thanks for letting me know that it can't be done! Just saved me some money! I'll definitely consider the Saylor course. I've never atempted one because I read that they can be really time consuming. It's a cheaper option than SL though so that's something to think about. Thanks!
Btaylor89 Wrote:Yes, that's exactly what I was considering. Thanks for letting me know that it can't be done! Just saved me some money! I'll definitely consider the Saylor course. I've never atempted one because I read that they can be really time consuming. It's a cheaper option than SL though so that's something to think about. Thanks!

No problem! Most Saylor courses are time consuming, but this one is not if you follow my studying method. You can bypass going through the whole course by just going through the quizzes and then practice final and just studying the quizzes/practice final--(I spent 4 hours studying and easily passed the final afterwards).
Nixi Wrote:No problem! Most Saylor courses are time consuming, but this one is not if you follow my studying method. You can bypass going through the whole course by just going through the quizzes and then practice final and just studying the quizzes/practice final--(I spent 4 hours studying and easily passed the final afterwards).

Wow really? I think I'll try out this method over the weekend if I have enough time. If I end up not passing the final, I'll only be out $25. I can deal with that.
Btaylor89 Wrote:Wow really? I think I'll try out this method over the weekend if I have enough time. If I end up not passing the final, I'll only be out $25. I can deal with that.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. I think it's the only Saylor course like that. Big Grin

Just keep in mind that the "ENVS203: Final Exam" is the practice final, and the "ENVS203: Saylor Direct Credit Final Exam" is the password-protected proctored final. For the direct credit proctored exam, I had to sign up with ProctorU at Online Proctoring Center Powered by ProctorU and they guide you through the process.
Nixi Wrote:Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. I think it's the only Saylor course like that. Big Grin

Just keep in mind that the "ENVS203: Final Exam" is the practice final, and the "ENVS203: Saylor Direct Credit Final Exam" is the password-protected proctored final. For the direct credit proctored exam, I had to sign up with ProctorU at Online Proctoring Center Powered by ProctorU and they guide you through the process.

That's great. This course mix up might end up working out in my favor!

Thanks for that explantion. I probably would have gotten confused seeing "final exam" and thought that was the one for credit. Can I take the exam whenever I'm ready or do I have to register for it in advance? And is this the right course? https://learn.saylor.org/course/envs203
Btaylor89 Wrote:That's great. This course mix up might end up working out in my favor!

Thanks for that explantion. I probably would have gotten confused seeing "final exam" and thought that was the one for credit. Can I take the exam whenever I'm ready or do I have to register for it in advance? And is this the right course? https://learn.saylor.org/course/envs203
Yes, that's the right one. You can sign up and select from available times at ProctorU at any time you want to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,463 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,737 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  TESU free electives Tripletmom 1 1,228 06-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Thumbs Up Charter Oak apply for free through 01/05/18 allvia 4 2,663 06-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior Ethics courses radconjohn 10 3,000 06-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - Free Ethics Course/ Upper-Level vs Ethics Requirement Silly_Me 12 3,187 05-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Using TEEX Cybersecurity for Everyone as COSC Ethics credit? High_Order1 2 1,680 05-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Post: GoldieLux
  Generate citations in MLA..........FREE Life Long Learning 8 2,707 02-22-2018, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Jajaja
  Excelsior UExcel Ethics exams radconjohn 20 8,737 01-13-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: radconjohn
  Anyone have the free tax guide for ACC-421 TECEP? eriehiker 0 1,142 11-05-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: eriehiker