Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free IT Master's Short Courses through Charles Sturt University (AU), potential grad
https://itmasters.edu.au/about-it-master...t-courses/

Quote:If you are considering enrolling in one of our unique Master degrees, why not ‘try before you enrol’?

Enrolling in these webinar-based free short courses allows insight into how we create a collaborative learning environment, and is also an opportunity to engage with other students and build networks.

Passing course exams will earn you a certificate of achievement, and may even qualify you for credit – successfully complete 3 or more short courses and be eligible for 1 industry elective credit.
The courses normally run for 4 weeks with live webinars but the recordings and exams are available afterwards and can be completed at your own pace and still be available for a certificate of completion and credit(if you do 3 or more). Now I doubt the credit would be usable at another graduate program but some of these courses actually look really good. I know I'm signing up for their updated CISSP prep course to start out.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • katsiki, sanantone
Do you have to be a student to get credit?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(10-05-2022, 09:28 PM)sanantone Wrote: Do you have to be a student to get credit?

From the FAQ:

Quote:Yes! Students who successfully complete three or more of our short courses will be eligible for one subject of credit towards one of the Charles Sturt University postgraduate qualifications featured on this website. Please note that this credit will be awarded as an unspecified industry elective. Check out the Applying for Credit page for more info.
From the applying for credit page:

Quote: Three or more IT Masters Free Short Courses
IT Masters offer an on-going series of free short courses that each cover part of one of the subjects from the Charles Sturt University qualifications featured on the IT Masters website. Subject to the conditions below, students who successfully complete three or more of the short courses will be eligible for one industry elective subject of credit towards one of the Charles Sturt University postgraduate qualifications featured on this website.
Credit for IT Masters short courses is only available for IT Masters elective subjects. Master degree students who have completed all electives may not be able to claim credit.
Credit for the IT Master free short courses is only available for the Charles Sturt University postgraduate qualifications listed on the IT Masters Website.
Only one subject credit can be claimed for IT Masters short courses (to see whether you qualify for other credit, fill out our Eligibility Form). 
This credit arrangement does not apply to the Doctorate of Information Technology course. The maximum level of credit available is no more than 50% of any course.
Credit for can be claimed before or after you enrol, and current students can claim credit at any time up until graduation.
https://itmasters.edu.au/apply/applying-for-credit/

So to me it looks like you only get credit if you're enrolled(or enrolling) in one of their IT grad programs. 

I was able to sign up for a class with just a name and email, though so if one wants to take it for just certificate of completion, should be painless to sign up. I saw that some of the courses actually include a bunch of hands on labs which is pretty cool.(the pentesting class has an integrated CTF).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,083 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  Gateway Education Courses sacredrain 11 2,481 02-21-2024, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Sharkess
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,422 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  NASAR - Search and Rescue Courses DesertGuy 0 283 02-09-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: DesertGuy
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 583 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,709 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,021 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,695 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,118 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Coding Certificate + Stipend TINASAM 0 496 01-14-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TINASAM