Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free One-Credit Pandemics Course: Warner University
Warner is offering this free one credit course about pandemics.  This one looks good:

https://www.warner.edu/free-one-credit-h...is-summer/
[-] The following 5 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • ARhead, Jonathan Whatley, Life Long Learning, LongRoad, MNomadic
If you picked and chose credits like this, where you only took one course (and nothing else) from a ton of RA schools (that couldn't go on an ACE transcript), wouldn't it cost you a fortune and a lot of headache (and also wouldn't you be forced) to send all these transcripts when you applied to a school?
It just seems expensive and time consuming.

In this instance having to pay the school to send a one credit transcript.
(05-21-2020, 09:08 AM)ARhead Wrote: If you picked and chose credits like this, where you only took one course (and nothing else) from a ton of RA schools (that couldn't go on an ACE transcript), wouldn't it cost you a fortune and a lot of headache (and also wouldn't you be forced) to send all these transcripts when you applied to a school?

First, the courses are interesting. Second, I think it's about $25 to get a transcript from most places. That's $75 a credit. Not great, but not terrible.
[-] The following 3 users Like LongRoad's post:
  • ARhead, Pikachu, rachel83az
(05-21-2020, 09:08 AM)ARhead Wrote: If you picked and chose credits like this, where you only took one course (and nothing else) from a ton of RA schools (that couldn't go on an ACE transcript), wouldn't it cost you a fortune and a lot of headache (and also wouldn't you be forced) to send all these transcripts when you applied to a school?

This Warner course "may also be taken for no credit," so that choice is the student's.

Some graduate schools ask for transcripts only from institutions that awarded degrees. Further, if the cost of sending small-credit transcripts to a school became an issue, you could talk to an admissions representative. I wouldn't be surprised if some schools would delay the requirement, for example by requiring official copies of small transcripts only once you were conditionally admitted and had accepted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • ARhead
Right on. I'm not knocking this of course I think it's awesome that people find these and post them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ARhead's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley

ARhead, you bring up a great point that we never talk about.  I bet I have almost 20 transcripts.  If I was to send them all to yet a new college it would be $$$.  Even being on the ACE Transcript does NOT mean the new college will NOT demand the credits come from the original source.  That has happened to me a few times.  You ask great questions.

eriehiker, please keep them coming!  You are my new hero. Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • ARhead
I filled out the form. I guess I'll see if they email me or not.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(05-21-2020, 09:16 AM)LongRoad Wrote:

First, the courses are interesting. Second, I think it's about $25 to get a transcript from most places. That's $75 a credit. Not great, but not terrible.

It will NOT come as a surprise to anyone that I hate math. I meant to say that a one-credit course was $25.
(05-21-2020, 10:49 AM)MNomadic Wrote: I filled out the form. I guess I'll see if they email me or not.

They emailed me back. Man, all these .edu email addresses I'm getting is setting me up for a lifetime supply of student discounts Tongue
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 3 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • Life Long Learning, Pikachu, rachel83az

I am worried about this and it's a shame. I'd like to do many of the free or cheap courses, but sending transcripts has already been a real hassle for me. So I only want to add a new school if I'm doing a bunch of credits.

It's true that some schools will request the transcripts for you, but I have multiple schools that won't allow third-party transcript requests. Plus based on my experience, the schools say that it's slower when they request, so when I was in a hurry, I had to do more of them myself.

I have sent transcripts quite a few times and most of them wanted everything, even the very old credits and the duplicate credits. Some of the schools even wanted transcripts where I did a "test out" course.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • ARhead, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 2 144 04-19-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,185 04-19-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 3,013 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,237 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,554 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 680 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,819 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,134 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,869 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,252 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM