90 days free if you have a .edu email:

http://learn.skillsoft.com/Business-Cont...Trial.html
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • angellicarob
I tried with both a TESU email and an ASU email and the success page after both said I get 60 days of access.
It's not just certificates. I hadn't realized that you can also get credit for completing these things:

https://www.skillsoft.com/accreditation-...s-academic
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MNomadic
(06-22-2020, 03:10 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It's not just certificates. I hadn't realized that you can also get credit for completing these things:

https://www.skillsoft.com/accreditation-...s-academic

Good find! Be sure to double-check on the ACE site to see if there are additional requirements to get credit. Some of these courses have disclaimers like this (emphasis mine):

Quote:Note: students can only use these ACE credit recommendations for SkillSoft courses if they take the courses at an ACE approved instructional site, complete all corresponding Learning Modules, and successfully pass a comprehensive proctored examination.
I am confused about this: "ACE college credit recommendations are only available to participants who complete and pass the SkillSoft examinations at the following Authorized Test Sites (ATS): United States Army and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)."

So you can only get college credit if you are in the army or IRS?
(06-22-2020, 03:40 AM)scorpion Wrote: Good find! Be sure to double-check on the ACE site to see if there are additional requirements to get credit
>>ACE college credit recommendations are only available to participants who complete and pass the SkillSoft examinations at the following Authorized Test Sites (ATS): United States Army and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

You don't just get ACE credit by taking them.
(06-22-2020, 03:47 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I am confused about this: "ACE college credit recommendations are only available to participants who complete and pass the SkillSoft examinations at the following Authorized Test Sites (ATS): United States Army and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)."

So you can only get college credit if you are in the army or IRS?

I'm confused as well. I also can't sign up for the program (500 error on the page), so if anyone is able to get in and get more information on obtaining credit, please post it!
I can't see anything inside the site itself. I only found the ACE stuff because I was trying to figure out if Skillsoft grants certs or if it only trains you to take the cert exam(s).

But I think I figured it out. Maybe. If there is an entry in the course/exam name column, then you need to have something to do with the army/IRS and an exam elsewhere. Otherwise, I think you only need to do the work through Skillsoft. I'd email them for further clarification but I might wind up missing the email accidentally.

I'm going to make my way through Oracle Java, but that might take a while. Crossing my fingers that it works.
(06-22-2020, 05:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I can't see anything inside the site itself. I only found the ACE stuff because I was trying to figure out if Skillsoft grants certs or if it only trains you to take the cert exam(s).

But I think I figured it out. Maybe. If there is an entry in the course/exam name column, then you need to have something to do with the army/IRS and an exam elsewhere. Otherwise, I think you only need to do the work through Skillsoft. I'd email them for further clarification but I might wind up missing the email accidentally.

I'm going to make my way through Oracle Java, but that might take a while. Crossing my fingers that it works.

By the way, skillsoft doesn't grant you certs but you can get digital badges and share them to linkedin. Those are of course, far less valuable than certs.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • rachel83az
(06-22-2020, 02:50 PM)MNomadic Wrote: By the way, skillsoft doesn't grant you certs but you can get digital badges and share them to linkedin. Those are of course, far less valuable than certs.

Not sure if this is worth a separate thread of it's own, but does anyone understand this new obsession with badges? Apparently it's much better if I cover my resume with a bunch of meaningless teeny-tiny icons, than if I write a few lines about relevant certifications.
Meh. Badges don't inspire me the way a nice-looking certificate does.
[-] The following 2 users Like innen_oda's post:
  • Johann, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-credit Fintech certificate, free, U South Florida freeloader 0 49 2 hours ago
Last Post: freeloader
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 20 4,071 4 hours ago
Last Post: sanantone
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 2,927 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,207 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,534 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 660 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,797 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,102 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,823 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,223 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77