Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Spring semester
Thought you guys should know that Modesto Junior College is offering free tuition and zero fees for Spring 2022 semester for registered students who also file a financial aid application but eligibility for financial aid is not required to receive free tuition and zero fees.    https://www.mjc.edu/general/promos/free.php 
No minimum or maximum number of free tuition courses for the semester plus cash incentives for the fully vaccinated.

South Texas College is also offering $1700 for Spring semester 2022.
[-] The following 6 users Like ChildovGod's post:
  • alab21, BitWiseGuy, cwendy111, jch, k-k-k-katy, MNomadic
Amazing find!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I know there was a lot of interest in the South Texas College deal last time it came up.  I'm interested in any reviews or feedback about personal experiences, including, specifically, is it easy to choose particular courses?
MJC has a great collection of online courses. One of their specialties is human services/alcohol-drug counseling, which can be hard to find online.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • alab21
They sent an email stating that there are additional fees for out-of-state residents. I emailed back to confirm whether or not those fees are waived as part of this offer or not! Will report back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RiverM's post:
  • alab21
(11-14-2021, 11:12 PM)RiverM Wrote: They sent an email stating that there are additional fees for out-of-state residents. I emailed back to confirm whether or not those fees are waived as part of this offer or not! Will report back.

I just talked to them live and they stated that "out-of-state students can only take in-person classes" 

... in other words, if you are IN California, but not technically a resident, you can take free classes, but cannot take online classes while living out of state Sad
(11-15-2021, 11:21 AM)Momof3Girls Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 11:12 PM)RiverM Wrote: They sent an email stating that there are additional fees for out-of-state residents. I emailed back to confirm whether or not those fees are waived as part of this offer or not! Will report back.

I just talked to them live and they stated that "out-of-state students can only take in-person classes" 

... in other words, if you are IN California, but not technically a resident, you can take free classes, but cannot take online classes while living out of state Sad

What a shame, this seemed like a good program.

UPDATE: Just got an email back. See below.

Hello,

Spring semester will be free to all students. Future semesters you will be charged non-resident fees, so you may want to submit either the residency consideration form or the AB540 form for review as soon as possible.

Additional information regarding the Spring semester can be found here: https://www.mjc.edu/general/promos/free.php

Thank you
(11-15-2021, 12:08 PM)RiverM Wrote:

Hello,

Spring semester will be free to all students.  Future semesters you will be charged non-resident fees, so you may want to submit either the residency consideration form or the AB540 form for review as soon as possible.

Additional information regarding the Spring semester can be found here:   https://www.mjc.edu/general/promos/free.php

Thank you
So, my phone call said no and your email said yes?! Ugh! I hate conflicting answers!
(11-15-2021, 12:18 PM)Momof3Girls Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 12:08 PM)RiverM Wrote:

Hello,

Spring semester will be free to all students.  Future semesters you will be charged non-resident fees, so you may want to submit either the residency consideration form or the AB540 form for review as soon as possible.

Additional information regarding the Spring semester can be found here:   https://www.mjc.edu/general/promos/free.php

Thank you
So, my phone call said no and your email said yes?! Ugh! I hate conflicting answers!

I agree. I think my plan is to enroll and just see what happens. Worst case I'll withdraw before paying, or if the fees are nominal just pay the out of state fees.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RiverM's post:
  • Momof3Girls
Wow. From what I can see on that page, it makes it very clear that one does not need to be a CA resident. It also looks like there's a voucher to pay for books.

This came from Covid money according to the page. That's one of the nicest and most creative uses of Covid higher education funds I've run into.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,083 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,422 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 583 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,709 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,021 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,695 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,118 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Coding Certificate + Stipend TINASAM 0 496 01-14-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  ASU Sustainable Earth Business Sustainability Courses, Free Online Jonathan Whatley 3 610 12-26-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gav 4 Free (Gavilan College) MissRN 14 4,752 09-18-2023, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Randyb100