Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrated with TESC Financial Aid
I am so frustrated with the TESC FA office. First, I can never get them on the phone. It always says all reps are busy. I received my financial aid award letter in the mail (which they still have not updated online) and it breaks my financial aid up over 4 quarters. This only gives me $1875.00 per quarter so I will not be able to pay for my enrollment fee and 2 classes (total $3387.00) with financial aid during one quarter.

I only wanted to take 2 classes there so that I could get FA to cover my enrollment fee but it seems this is not going to work out. Has anybody else had this problem with FA? Any suggestions?
pmc2009 Wrote:I am so frustrated with the TESC FA office. First, I can never get them on the phone. It always says all reps are busy. I received my financial aid award letter in the mail (which they still have not updated online) and it breaks my financial aid up over 4 quarters. This only gives me $1875.00 per quarter so I will not be able to pay for my enrollment fee and 2 classes (total $3387.00) with financial aid during one quarter.

I only wanted to take 2 classes there so that I could get FA to cover my enrollment fee but it seems this is not going to work out. Has anybody else had this problem with FA? Any suggestions?
>>

Ok- first, I agree with you. I have vented on this board about the financial aid office many times.

Don't worry though, the money will balance out. They roll your balance over when you have a dispersement planned. (as opposed to being a cash payer)They deduct your first distribution from your balance, (3387-1875) and then for your second dispersement, they will do it again. You will probably be + at some point and get a small refund.
If you are getting a Pell or a student loan, you will have to enroll in 6 credits each semester to keep getting disbursements. You should do this, because there are several single courses that are 6 credits each- so you only have to "take" 1 class. Thats just about $950 each time, so you can still do this and end up in the + side by the end of the year. I used my overages to pay for books or CLEPs.
They have it planned that way- it will work out. Just be certain to stay on your cycle and not accidentally register for the wrong month, that makes life very difficult to correct.
Thanks so much for your information! That is why I love these boards. We get more info here than we do from the schools themselves. hilarious

I was hoping to just enroll for one semester, take 6 credits to get my enrollment fee covered and be done. It sounds like I will have to enroll for several semesters to make it all balance out if I use the FA which will not work if I want to graduate in December. However, I think I have come up with a new plan. I am currently enrolled in American Military University. If I take 2 classes with them in July I will get my reimbursement from them in August. I am going to use that to cover the enrollment fee at TESC and not take any TESC courses.

AMU does their financial aid differently. They just break it up into 2 yearly disbursements so if you only take 2 classes you get a pretty large refund.

Thanks again for your info!
Does anyone know if TESC offers a payment plan option for their enrollment fee?
Based on the information provided by other IC members, the answer is no. I wish they did. As far as I'm concerned, that is the only con against TESC. At least Excelsior has payment plans.

I am going to try to see if I can pull some strings and see if they will allow it if I can come up with at least half of the tuition upfront. It never hurts to ask!!!

Chat with ya later.

From a loyal degree seeker,

Marshall
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
pmc2009 Wrote:Does anyone know if TESC offers a payment plan option for their enrollment fee?
>>

Yeah, it's called Visa! hilarious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,673 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,459 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,206 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,997 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,367 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,779 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  StraighterLine Managerial or Financial Accounting? Gymfan15 17 6,303 10-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Gymfan15
  How does Financial Aid work if trying to get a degree from TESU?? David.Hamad 29 7,006 10-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,757 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,338 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808