Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StraighterLine Managerial or Financial Accounting?
So I've got to take one more Accounting class to fill my AOS, and I'm at a toss up for which class I should take. They both seem to have the same amount of exams and the same exam-taking policy, so I was wondering if anyone who has taken these classes could tell me how they felt they compared in terms of difficulty/time and effort spent?

In terms of my own preference, math isn't my strongest suit. I got through my regular accounting classes okay but it was time-consuming (until I figured out how to use Excel for the formulas). I'm much better with theoretical stuff. 

Any thoughts?
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
I am no help but Following I think I am going to attempt to do some SL this month instead of Study.com Sad
To piggyback on the OP's question, I am curious which of these is easier (and if either is easier than those SL courses):
Study.com Applied Managerial Accounting
Study.com Advanced Accounting

^^ I can't answer that, but I can say off the top of my head, the appeal of SL for me is that they are totally open book/notes for the exams AND the final, and for Study.com, I would have to remember any formulas from memory. As I can't imagine an accounting final without ANY formulas involved, that makes me prefer SL by a couple miles, lol.
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
Are you talking about Acc-101 and Acc-102?
No; ACC-201 or ACC-303. I already have all the UL credits I need so the difference in UL/LL does not concern me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gymfan15's post:
  • ECH90
Oh I can't help with that ;( I need to take 101 and 102 for my professional buisness requirements wondering if my Financial calculator can be used on the test ?
(08-31-2017, 02:51 PM)Ideas Wrote: To piggyback on the OP's question, I am curious which of these is easier (and if either is easier than those SL courses):
Study.com Applied Managerial Accounting
Study.com Advanced Accounting

Advanced Accounting was easier than Applied Managerial Accounting for me.  I like Financial Accounting more than I like Managerial Accounting.
TESU BSBA Accounting and BSBA General Management - June 2018
[-] The following 1 user Likes pugmomx2's post:
  • Ideas
Managerial Accounting is always more "mathy" than Financial Accounting, so if you don't love math, you're probably best off with the Advanced Accounting class, which is more concept based.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
[-] The following 1 user Likes sarg123's post:
  • Ideas
I don't recall what I liked more, but my final grade for them were strange... I had 79 in one and 91 in the other... haha...
I took all the accounting courses from SL as I could as it would bring up my course total to 94 credits (SL C++ was just an extra course I wanted to take for 4 credits).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,485 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Public Relations Thought and Practice and Managerial Communications TECEPs gentleman4561 5 1,450 06-13-2018, 01:03 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Accounting vs Business Admin Rustydroid 20 3,581 06-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  Help Choosing Final Accounting Courses AMRH94 10 2,813 05-10-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: AMRH94
  Thomas Edison State College Upper level Accounting Credit - HELP! DeterminedStudent 28 5,839 04-19-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  2nd BA Degree in Accounting at TESU - Clarification Question acamp 21 4,368 03-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BSBA in Accounting or BS in CyberSecurity? acamp 11 2,668 03-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC & Straighterline Transcripts MichiganMax 4 1,543 01-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  TESU not accepting straighterline email transcript dropout2PE2BSBA 2 1,291 01-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Last Post: dropout2PE2BSBA
  Are StraighterLine final exams made of questions asked in the previous exams? csyzarc 5 5,707 11-29-2017, 06:29 PM
Last Post: docmarvin