Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd BA Degree in Accounting at TESU - Clarification Question
Good evening everyone,
I have a BA degree from a RA school and one of my goals is to pursue a 2nd degree from TESU - a BSBA in Accounting.  

I emailed TESU asking about how many credits I would need to take at TESU and how many I could transfer in for that degree.  This was there response but maybe you can shed light on it for those who have gone down this path.  They said:
---
"We will accept up to 117 credits from a RA-school.  

For a 2nd bachelors degree, we require students to complete the area of study courses in the degree they haven't already taken and an additional 22 credits.
The minimum number of credits you would need to take is 22. With the maximum being 58 credits. It will be most likely be somewhere in between."
---
My question for all the experts out there on degreeforum - they are saying I could transfer up to 117 credits but not all of those 117 credits will obviously transfer into the BSBA degree.  If the BSBA in Accounting is 120 credits, and I have 75 credits that can transfer into that program from my first BA degree, where am I allowed to get the remaining 45 credits from?   Could I use study.com, SL, or do they all have to be from TESU?

Let me know if you can understand it better than me (which I am sure you do!!)
You can get them all from outside except for the 3 credit capstone course.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Well, first 3 of the credits will have to be the capstone taken at TESU.

Other than that, to get to 117, you can use almost any source. But, of course you will have to get enough in Accounting and Business areas. The Business degrees would require microecon, macroecon, a business law course, etc.

And you can't use more than 96 that you have gotten in the past, since 24 need to be "new" after your other degree.

Here is the BSBA in Accounting spreadsheet - I modified it for you.  You should be able to put in anything you've already taken, and see what's left.

Also, what was your first degree in?

Attached Files
.xlsx   acamp TESU BSBA ACC.xlsx (Size: 63.65 KB / Downloads: 44)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks both of you for the response. I checked the BSBA ACCOUNTING/CPA requirements, and it doesn't mention a capstone under their requirements for the 120 credits? Is it because its a 2nd BA that they add the capstone?

And ideas - if I need 24 new credits, those new credits can be from study.com, SL, etc.?

Thank you guys again!
All the BSBAs have a capstone now. It's not because it's your second.

Yes they can be from Study.com, etc. But certain classes like Federal Taxation aren't available there and you would have to take something else like the TECEP exam or CSU-Global CBE.

(03-05-2018, 08:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Here is the BSBA in Accounting spreadsheet - I modified it for you.  You should be able to put in anything you've already taken, and see what's left.

Thank you Dfrecore for your post and attachment - I didn't see it the first time I viewed the page.  I appreciate it

(03-05-2018, 08:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Here is the BSBA in Accounting spreadsheet - I modified it for you.  You should be able to put in anything you've already taken, and see what's left.

Dfrecore:
Can you explain the differences between the 3 tabs for that attachment?  My first degree was in Liberal Studies
(03-05-2018, 09:04 PM)acamp Wrote: Thanks both of you for the response. I checked the BSBA ACCOUNTING/CPA requirements, and it doesn't mention a capstone under their requirements for the 120 credits? Is it because its a 2nd BA that they add the capstone?

And ideas - if I need 24 new credits, those new credits can be from study.com, SL, etc.?

Thank you guys again!
It's called Strategic Management on the degree requirements page, but it's the business capstone and has to be taken from TESU.

https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/Accounting.cfm
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-05-2018, 09:28 PM)acamp Wrote:

Dfrecore:
Can you explain the differences between the 3 tabs for that attachment?  My first degree was in Liberal Studies

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had those other tabs there.

The 2nd tab is the full degree (including the Gen Ed portion, which you won't need), plus has the Accounting/CPA track requirements from TESU (an additional 6cr).

The 3rd tab is for someone who asked about FL CPA requirements - each state has their own, so this probably wouldn't apply to you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-05-2018, 11:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 09:28 PM)acamp Wrote:

Dfrecore:

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had those other tabs there.

The 2nd tab is the full degree (including the Gen Ed portion, which you won't need), plus has the Accounting/CPA track requirements from TESU (an additional 6cr).

The 3rd tab is for someone who asked about FL CPA requirements - each state has their own, so this probably wouldn't apply to you.

Okay thank you. Ideally the plan would be to pursue the CPA track so I would need. Also, most likely I would get the CPA in NJ. Do you happen to have an a plan made for degree track for CPA in NJ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic