Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPA when applying to Grad or Law School
When I transferred to Liberty University, I transferred credits from 4 other schools. By the time my transcript analysis was complete, I only needed 2 semesters at LU to graduate. Not all my transferred grades were A's, but they only appear as a "P" on my LU transcripts. As I near my graduation from LU and look toward Grad or Law School, I currently have a 4.0 gpa at LU. When I apply to Grad School, will I be able to submit only my LU transcript showing all A's and P's? Or will they want transcripts from all 5 schools? Will I be able to claim a 4.0 on my application? Thanks.
behyeh Wrote:When I transferred to Liberty University, I transferred credits from 4 other schools. By the time my transcript analysis was complete, I only needed 2 semesters at LU to graduate. Not all my transferred grades were A's, but they only appear as a "P" on my LU transcripts. As I near my graduation from LU and look toward Grad or Law School, I currently have a 4.0 gpa at LU. When I apply to Grad School, will I be able to submit only my LU transcript showing all A's and P's? Or will they want transcripts from all 5 schools? Will I be able to claim a 4.0 on my application? Thanks.

For any ABA accredited law school you will be utilizing the transcript service at the Law School Admission Council, and are required to submit a transcript for every course that you attempted for credit under your first BA/BS degree. For more information, search for "LSAC GPA".
Outis Wrote:For any ABA accredited law school you will be utilizing the transcript service at the Law School Admission Council, and are required to submit a transcript for every course that you attempted for credit under your first BA/BS degree. For more information, search for "LSAC GPA".
The same applies to graduate programs as well, it's just that LSAC just prepares everything for you and you cannot include any courses finished after your first degree was awarded. Even open admission programs require you to submit all transcripts.

If you do not submit all transcripts and still somehow get admitted, the school has the right to remove you from your program, etc. So to put it shortly, yes, submit all of your transcripts and don't even consider otherwise.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Yanji Wrote:If you do not submit all transcripts and still somehow get admitted, the school has the right to remove you from your program, etc. So to put it shortly, yes, submit all of your transcripts and don't even consider otherwise.

Especially if you are going to file a FAFSA. The school can see every school you had Financial Aid with. It only takes one Jaded FA advisor to Narc you to admissions.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
The trick with getting into a good law school with a low GPA is the LSAT. If you have a low GPA and a high LSAT, you can still get in (usually).

LSAC has an awesome search feature that lets you put in your GPA and LSAT score and see what law schools have accepted other students with similar scores as you.

https://officialguide.lsac.org/release/O...fault.aspx
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
nice link

Virginia is strange

a gpa of 4.0 and an lsat of 180 actually lowers my chance of getting in
...and that's why we like it here. If your GPA is 4.0, you're no gentleman. (Gentleman's "C's" are at home at UVA.)
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 896 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,851 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,357 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,286 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,245 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,285 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,409 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Medical School, AMCAS, Prerequisites, Pass or fail, online college, etc... CanICode 22 3,358 10-18-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: CanICode
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,063 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Caribbean Immigration (Med School Discount! - Secrets - Shhh...) bjcheung77 19 4,507 09-29-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess