Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRE EXAM - test taking resources and tips
Any guidance will reeeeally be appreciated.

I did a search and pulled so much extra stuff.:ack:

Can anyone give good tips for the GRE general exam. Preparing for the exam to be taken in Oct.

Did some youtube searches and there is SO MUCH, some good, but some extra.
:hurray:

[SIZE=2]it is a journey[/SIZE]
Did you find mine? (GRE would be impossible to search on this forum.) I posted it here:

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...post149773

I hope it helps!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Let me go through it right now. Thanks.
:hurray:

[SIZE=2]it is a journey[/SIZE]
This site doesn't allow for short search terms like GRE, but you can use a search like this at google - site:degreeforum.net gre general
Since the exam was revised in the last 2 or 3 years, you may want to add a date to narrow down the search results further.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but had questions about the GRE, is it Prometric? I found lots of info about it on study.com. What is the cost? Is it taken at test centers like CLEP and DSST?

Is it a mandatory exam in order to pursue masters degree? Or is it optional?
Now GRE exams can be taken at home using ProctorU!

https://www.ets.org/s/cv/gre/at-home/

Check this out
Thank you so much, didn't know that.

Ok so the fee is $205. And love the option of selecting which scores to send in case one has to retake it.
(09-01-2020, 07:56 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Is it a mandatory exam in order to pursue masters degree? Or is it optional?

Every school is different on their policy for requiring GRE. There are many schools and degree programs which do not require GRE. Personally, I won't apply to any master's program that requires a GRE score. I am not wasting my time or money on this exam when there are many schools who offer my master's degree without the exam. Testing centers are closed here and it's not possible to take it. Haven't been able to since mid-March when we shut down for 2 weeks....still shutdown and it's now September.  Dodgy
Nomaduser in this thread lists a link to take exam online.
(09-01-2020, 02:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 07:56 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Is it a mandatory exam in order to pursue masters degree? Or is it optional?

Every school is different on their policy for requiring GRE. There are many schools and degree programs which do not require GRE. Personally, I won't apply to any master's program that requires a GRE score. I am not wasting my time or money on this exam when there are many schools who offer my master's degree without the exam. Testing centers are closed here and it's not possible to take it. Haven't been able to since mid-March when we shut down for 2 weeks....still shutdown and it's now September.  Dodgy
(09-01-2020, 08:36 AM)nomaduser Wrote: Now GRE exams can be taken at home using ProctorU!

https://www.ets.org/s/cv/gre/at-home/

Check this out

FYI - This is for the GRE General Test, not the subject tests. This should be good for grad school admissions for various programs, if you're not into the other exam, the GMAT (GMAT is generally for Business schools). Frankly, I would take any and all necessary prerequisites before taking the GRE or GMAT and of course, study for them and not cram the last minute.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are people's reasons for taking Masters in Education jb111 10 3,813 09-09-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ejones
  Tips for Getting Into Law School LevelUP 6 5,566 08-19-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: resistk
  Credit by Exam in Full Sail Business MS Programs Jonathan Whatley 8 1,171 03-05-2022, 07:32 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  WGU MSCSIA program to drop CHFI exam requirement ChilliDawg 3 1,971 11-01-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Earn $300 for taking online teacher PD class. Graduate credit option. eriehiker 2 1,548 01-31-2019, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Miller Analogies Test dewisant 2 1,350 06-07-2017, 12:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Forestry and natural resources programs kalishakti 1 948 12-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Last Post: KayV