Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gen Ed - Will these courses work? Help Requested
Hi,

I am moving along on my path toward the BSBA in Finance at TESU.

I will be finishing up two study.com courses this weekend:

Business 108 (TESU PHI-384)
English 105 (TESU ENC-102)

Both of these will be at the $70 price!  My monthly clock starts over on the 18th, so I am actually hoping to get one or two more done at this price before then.

I am hoping I can get some kind people here can help with my questions below.

I still need 3 credits in the Natural World Section. I already completed Nutrition 101 (TESU BIO-208).  Can anyone confirm if Computer Science 102: Fundamentals of Information Technology will satisfy the 3 credits needed here?  If not, can you recommend a quick and fairly easy course that will?  Or, will it satisfy 3 credits in the General Electives area?  I need all 18 credits here.

With that said, can anyone confirm that History 308: Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War and History 106: The Civil War and Reconstruction will count for 3 credits each in the General Electives area?

As always, I really appreciate all of the help here. 

Gloddy
If you want to hold off on Ethics, there's a free course you can take that will satisfy the Ethics requirement.

There are several Computer courses that will work in NatSci:

BUS 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications
BUS 109: Intro to Computing
COMPSCI 102: Fundamentals of IT
BUS 303: Management Info Systems

I'm guessing one of the first two will be easier.

Yes, the history courses you listed will work in Gen Ed, although I'd probably try some overlapping courses, like:
- HIS 106: The Civil War & Reconstruction AND - HIS 306: The American Civil War Era
- HIS 108: History of the Vietnam War AND - HIS 308: Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War

but if you really want the Vietnam War and Civil War, take:
HIS 108: History of the Vietnam War
HIS 106: The Civil War & Reconstruction
since they're both LL and don't require any papers/projects (so less work).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Gloddy
(02-02-2018, 12:29 AM)dfrecore Wrote: If you want to hold off on Ethics, there's a free course you can take that will satisfy the Ethics requirement.

There are several Computer courses that will work in NatSci:

BUS 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications
BUS 109: Intro to Computing
COMPSCI 102: Fundamentals of IT
BUS 303: Management Info Systems

I'm guessing one of the first two will be easier.

Yes, the history courses you listed will work in Gen Ed, although I'd probably try some overlapping courses, like:
- HIS 106: The Civil War & Reconstruction AND  - HIS 306: The American Civil War Era
- HIS 108: History of the Vietnam War AND - HIS 308: Causes & Effects of the Vietnam War

but if you really want the Vietnam War and Civil War, take:
HIS 108: History of the Vietnam War
HIS 106: The Civil War & Reconstruction
since they're both LL and don't require any papers/projects (so less work).

THANK YOU!   I am so happy.

Here is the order I will pursue.
1: Computer Science 102, I already have 26 of 89 quizzes completed.
2: History 106, I already have 19 of 74 quizzes completed.
3: History 108, only has 32 quizzes.
4. History 306, I already have 21 of 120 quizzes completed - does require two essay though Sad
5: History 308, requires two assignments but only 53 quizzes. Smile

I am going to try to get the 1st 3 completed at $70 each. I have until the 18th to get it done!

This means I will need two more General Education Electives.  Any recommendations?  Looking for quizzes and exams on study.com that are fairly quick.

I will be done with Business 108: Business Ethics tomorrow morning. This will satisfy my Ethics requirement under Civil Learning (PHI-285).

TESU slotted Business 109 into my Core area for computers.

Have a great weekend!

Gloddy
(02-02-2018, 07:15 AM)Gloddy Wrote: THANK YOU!   I am so happy.

Here is the order I will pursue.
1: Computer Science 102, I already have 26 of 89 quizzes completed.
2: History 106, I already have 19 of 74 quizzes completed.
3: History 108, only has 32 quizzes.
4. History 306, I already have 21 of 120 quizzes completed - does require two essay though Sad
5: History 308, requires two assignments but only 53 quizzes. Smile

I am going to try to get the 1st 3 completed at $70 each. I have until the 18th to get it done!

This means I will need two more General Education Electives.  Any recommendations?  Looking for quizzes and exams on study.com that are fairly quick.

I will be done with Business 108: Business Ethics tomorrow morning. This will satisfy my Ethics requirement under Civil Learning (PHI-285).

TESU slotted Business 109 into my Core area for computers.

Have a great weekend!

Gloddy

Since you seem to like history, have you taken any other history courses like US History I or II?  Or Western Civ I or II?  They may have some overlap with the others after you've finished those.  I would also wait to see what happens after you finish your 100-level history courses to decide.

Also, once you do the computer course, any of the other 3 may have a good amount already completed, and they should all come in as gen eds.

Last thing to check are courses that are called 100-level by study.com.  None of those courses require anything except quizzes and the final.  Look for courses that have assessments built in, or ones that are overlapping with info you already know or have taken.  Look for ones that have fewer quizzes.  Or ones that sound easy (Math for Everyday Life, Interpersonal Comm, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, all sound easy to me!
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That’s what I would recommend, keep your original plan as those History courses should have overlapping info and you can finish the courses easier/faster.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi,

I have had a very productive weekend plus one personal day from work.

Over the weekend I completed:
  • Business 108 (TESU: PHI-285)
  • English 105 (TESU: ENC-102)

• Computer Science 102 (TESU: Gen Ed - Elective)
  • History 108 (TESU: Gen Ed - Elective)
I am going to to take History 106 (TESU: Gen Ed - Elective) next. I will have it done my Sunday morning.

This means I need to pick up 2 more Gen Ed - Electives. I was going to take the additional history, but am in the mood for something else.

Are you telling me study.com's MATH 98: Math for Everyday Life will count for a Gen Ed Elective?
Also will Business 104 count as a Gen Ed Elective as well?  I have 61/100 Quizzes completed already!

Thanks
Gloddy
No one has reported back what Math 98 comes in as, so I wouldn't take it unless you know for sure what the course equivalency at TESU is. Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications comes in as CIS-102, so if you don't have that course, or one very similar, then you should be fine taking it - it will come in as a Gen Ed course.

I would wait to see what TESU brings CompSci 102 in as, since we don't know that one either.

If you're enrolled, you can ask TESU and see what they say.
(02-05-2018, 08:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: No one has reported back what Math 98 comes in as, so I wouldn't take it unless you know for sure what the course equivalency at TESU is.  Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications comes in as CIS-102, so if you don't have that course, or one very similar, then you should be fine taking it - it will come in as a Gen Ed course.

I would wait to see what TESU brings CompSci 102 in as, since we don't know that one either.

If you're enrolled, you can ask TESU and see what they say.

O.k. Thanks.

Newbie question, can I email to ask them?  If so, what is the correct place to email? I can't seem to see a place to email anyone from my portal.  Also, what exactly do I ask?  The same question I asked you?  Are the normally good about answering these types of questions?  Can I ask study.com?

Thanks
I would just email TESU and ask what Comp Sci 102 comes in as or Math 98. If it comes in as a Gen Ed or will fit in the Math/CS areas, great. If not, you can use the course in free electives for the BALS degree as long as it comes in as a 100 level course or higher.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You can email advising, not from the portal that I know of. The email should be on the website.

Make your questions to them short and sweet, and only address one at a time. So your first email might say "I want to take Study.com's XXX course (give full course number and name), can you please tell me what that comes into TESU as." Then do it for the second course in a separate email.

They may not be able to tell you immediately, as it looks like they're in the process of reviewing Study.com courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,395 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,809 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 308 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat