Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting an AA from TESU
Hello,

I'm looking to get a BSBA in accounting. Right now though, I have enough credits to get an AA if I wanted to. If I was to get an AA, could I use those same courses/credits to get a BSBA in accounting? Basically I'm worried that if I got an AA right now, would that extend my studying time? Can I get a BSBA in accounting and an AA with 120 credits, not 180 credits?

Thanks
The credits from your AA will also count towards the BS as long as the requirements line up.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

the credits will still count. I looked at doing something similar but decided I didn't want to pay 2 graduation fees
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Oh sweet thanks! I'ts only $50 I think, and I'd like to apply for the police department before I finish college so I'm not waiting months for them to complete my background check! Now I just have to study for that silly accuplacer test from college board for TESU applicants that are under 21 without 24 credits from a regionally acredited college. (all my credits are from clep, dsst and Study.com) I'll probably study algebra for 3 weeks and then take it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FishNDip's post:
  • cookderosa
(09-04-2019, 01:36 PM)FishNDip Wrote: Oh sweet thanks! I'ts only $50 I think, and I'd like to apply for the police department before I finish college so I'm not waiting months for them to complete my background check! Now I just have to study for that silly accuplacer test from college board for TESU applicants that are under 21 without 24 credits from a regionally acredited college. (all my credits are from clep, dsst and Study.com) I'll probably study algebra for 3 weeks and then take it.

Good luck on your accuplacer!
I think picking up an "already earned" AA on the way to another degree at the same school is a great idea. Wink
(09-04-2019, 01:36 PM)FishNDip Wrote: Now I just have to study for that silly accuplacer test from college board for TESU applicants that are under 21 without 24 credits from a regionally acredited college. (all my credits are from clep, dsst and Study.com

I thought that the 24 c from the other providers DID count and you wouldn't have to do the Accuplacer.  Did you confirm that with TESU?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(09-04-2019, 02:16 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 01:36 PM)FishNDip Wrote: Now I just have to study for that silly accuplacer test from college board for TESU applicants that are under 21 without 24 credits from a regionally acredited college. (all my credits are from clep, dsst and Study.com

I thought that the 24 c from the other providers DID count and you wouldn't have to do the Accuplacer.  Did you confirm that with TESU?

You definitely DO have to take the Accuplacer if you are under 21 and all your credits are from alt credit providers. The alt credits count for meeting the 24 credit minimum for admission, but not for waiving the Accuplacer.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • TwinMom
(09-04-2019, 01:36 PM)FishNDip Wrote: Oh sweet thanks! I'ts only $50 I think, ...
Sorry to burst your bubble...

First, you'll have to take the cornerstone which will cost $1137 with the SDC discount.

Second, you have to meet the residency requirement of 16 credits taken at TESU or pay the residency waiver for an associates. It's $2500 with the SDC discount.

The total for your associate's will be:

$50 Application Fee
$1137 Cornerstone
$2500 Residency Waiver
$298 Graduation Fee
-------
$3985

You'll have to do the cornerstone for the BSBA anyway, so that's not a big deal. While it's possible to apply a single residency waiver to both an associate's and a bachelor's, you have to finish both within 12 months of paying the waiver. If you fail to graduate the BSBA within 12 months of paying the waiver, you'll have to pay it all over again. Unless you were almost done with the BSBA and were very confident of making that 12 month deadline, I wouldn't recommend trying it.

This is why few people get an associate's from TESU.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • FishNDip
Like others have pointed out it may not be worth it unless you can get someone else to pay for it. In your case even then I wouldn't do it since both degrees are basically the same thing, the AA being the lower half of the Bachelors.
I'm also doing Accounting through TESU and more then likely I will also get an AA after I get my Accounting Degree. The AA that I'm planning on getting is in Electronic Studies which is way different then Accounting. I also have experience in that field and I'm 5 credits away from getting it. I need two more Electronics credits and the capstone.
Even then I'm still debating about it because I need to pay for the capstone and I'm not sure if I'll have enough time/money to complete it after I'm done with Accounting.
Reason for me doing it is because electronics degrees like IT and maybe even CS among others can you in the door in many jobs.
If you really want an AA maybe taking some classes through a local community college might be the way. Schools like Coastline College in California only require about 12 units to establish residency and they accept a lot of alternative credits like TESU. You can also transfer most if not all the courses that you take there towards TESU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rustydroid's post:
  • FishNDip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 771 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch