Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting nervous about World Religions
Congrats!!! How did you get your score back so fast? I am still waiting for my results.
studyhard Wrote:YAY! I made it! 76! Woohoo!!!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone!

Wow, that's almost a perfect score....you are truly living up to your name! Please post your feedback on the test; you never know who you'll be helping! Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
MeMe Wrote:Congrats!!! How did you get your score back so fast? I am still waiting for my results.

Magic. hilarious No, actually I took the computerized version, which gives you your score right away, like CLEP.

Thanks for the congratulations, everyone. You made me feel special. Smile

Feedback....let's see....specific things to study (besides the core beliefs and historical figures of each religion)...I'm trying to remember...here's a short list of individual little things to study:

Which Christian denomination is the largest and second largest, which Gospels cover the birth of Jesus, Confucius's Five Relationships, what "kama" is (yes kama, not karma), exactly who the Indian Sun Dance worships, what is meant by the "historical perspective" of religion, what the Nicene creed was aimed at clarifying...I'm drawing a blank on other stuff....

As I said, spend a fair amount of study time getting straight the various key personages and key beliefs, especially with Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and Hinduism, as there is a lot of overlap. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are fairly distinctive but the Eastern religions believe generally the same things only they either have different words for it, or they'll use the same words but put different meanings on them.

Keep the various Scriptures from each religion straight too.

Be aware that "Taoism" and things like "Tao-te-chung" will be spelled "Daoism" and "Dao-de-jing" on the test.

Hope this helps!
EXCELLENT feedback studyhard!! Big Grin Thanks very much for posting that, and I have already copied and pasted it into the specific feedback section.

Thanks!
JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Kiwi Lover Wrote:EXCELLENT feedback studyhard!! Big Grin Thanks very much for posting that, and I have already copied and pasted it into the specific feedback section.

Thanks!
JoAnne Smile

Glad it was helpful! What "specific feedback section" are you referring to, if I may ask? Is there something on this site I have missed?
studyhard Wrote:Glad it was helpful! What "specific feedback section" are you referring to, if I may ask? Is there something on this site I have missed?

congrats on your pass and thanks for the tips! the "specific feedback section" is the new section that's on the first page when you visit the forum. (http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/) - 4th link. i'm taking this sometime soon too so your thread has been pretty helpful Smile

jenny =]
Blue Wrote:congrats on your pass and thanks for the tips! the "specific feedback section" is the new section that's on the first page when you visit the forum. (http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/) - 4th link. i'm taking this sometime soon too so your thread has been pretty helpful Smile

jenny =]

I still must be missing something....There is no new section showing up on my computer on the main forum page. Is it uploaded yet?
Oops, never mind. That was weird--it JUST showed up. It literally wasn't there 30 seconds ago. Does it only show up after you've posted something?
nope...don't need to post anything to show up. it's been there for several weeks now. maybe your browser just needed a refresh or something...it's okie, as long as it's there now, that is what's important! =]

jenny =]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 229 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 710 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,117 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Slowest student in the world... bjcheung77 1 452 05-22-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,481 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Why Divergent Thinkers Beat Geniuses in the Real World LevelUP 1 421 01-20-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Khan World School - College Prep partnership with ASU bjcheung77 0 561 10-15-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Biggest University In The World Alpha 11 1,236 07-25-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  World's Best University Alpha 0 544 11-26-2021, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Where in the world would you go to study? bjcheung77 4 901 11-17-2021, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Johann