Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting something notarized
Only place I can think to get something notarized is my local credit union. I've done this before, with no problem. Where do you know of to get something notarized? Anyone else do this service for free? I was wondering if anyone in my work does this, like admin people or post office or something. Anyone use one before. I gotta get my A&P notarized to submit to TESC. Sounds like they got all my transcripts, now I gotta send them this copy of license along with the MULA!
I think that the is someone at my post office, the lawyer's office we use, and there is someone at my bank that will do it for free for account holders, but she is only there a few days per week. Anyway, I think you could call around and find someone. Seems like in this age, there outta be a database you could search?
A million years ago when I bought my car, the dealership offered free notary services for the life of the car. I never used it, but it was offered. Also, my state law limits how much a notary can charge, so it shouldn't be much if you have to pay. What is an A&P? As a former notary, I'm not sure I'd notarize an...A&P. A notary has to say it's a true copy of something. I would think that whoever originated the A&P would have to notarize it. Not sure, but I think that's the way it's done.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
Before wasting effort and time, I would call and ask TESC who they expect to notarize it. Like Laterbloomer said, when most places say they need a notarized copy of something, they mean the issuer had to notarize it, not the sender. How would the notary know you did not type it up and bring it in to stamp?

Banks, post office or other government service locations, insurance companies, and some employers all tend to have notaries available. Ask around your work and see if anyone is a notary.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
An A&P is a wallet sized card like a driver's license issued out by the FAA. Stands for Airframe and Powerplant. You are supposed to have it with you at all times when working on airplanes to excercise your priveledges as an aviation mechanic. Or have it reasonably close to you. I think last time I had it notarized, I made copies front and back, and the notary person looks at my original license as proof. It's like how do you notarize a driver's license? Same thing. You gotta make copies. No one I doubt will make you get an original license to give to a school.
Yeah why cant TESC search the airman databases?
Maybe this one has it. just provide them with your info, most of which they should have.
https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

And any local shipping company, those ones in the strip malls that are ups or fedex/kinkos places... they always have someone on staff that is a notary.

cookderosa Wrote:I think that the is someone at my post office, the lawyer's office we use, and there is someone at my bank that will do it for free for account holders, but she is only there a few days per week. Anyway, I think you could call around and find someone. Seems like in this age, there outta be a database you could search?
DSST- General Anthropology - 52, Intro to Computer - 469, Technical Writing - 54, DSST Ethics in America - 59 (1996),
CLEP- Sociology -54, College Math - 550(1996), CLEP Principles of Management - 60 (1996)
Aleks Beg Alg,
Have you tried city hall? Thats usually my first stop as they have a few people who can do it, so no need to leave empty handed if someones out of the office. Our car insurance agent also has one in her office. Hth. Have you tried googling 'notary public in *your city/state'*?
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go to the credit union, I know they have one there for sure. It's a slam dunk. I was just asking around for some other tips. I deal with USAA insurance, so they don't have any offices locally.
Many times, someone at your local public library can notarize things for you.
That may be a better option. There is one right down the street, I'll give them a try.