Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls Go to College to Get More Knowledge, Boys Go to Jupiter to Get More Stupider
(12-04-2023, 01:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 09:29 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Those women are pretty stupid for being “educated”.   I went to college.  My husband did not.  He makes more than double what I make.  Go figure.

Salary doesn't always have anything to do with being educated. I live in a state where teachers are required to have master's degrees and then they're paid $48K a year. Different industries have different salaries. Women also make less than men for the same job. This has been well documented for many years.
Not when controlled for relevant individual factors.

https://www.payscale.com/research-and-in...r-pay-gap/

"The controlled gender pay gap is $0.99 for every $1 men make, which is still not equal. The controlled pay gap tells us what women earn compared to men when all compensable factors are accounted for — such as job title, education, experience, industry, job level, and hours worked. Although $0.99 cents may seem very close to $1, small differences in earnings on the dollar can compound over the course of a lifetime career. The gender pay gap should be zero. It is not zero."

A mere 1% difference after accounting for most major, but not all minor factors, and is likely well within the margin of error. It didn't take into account that men are more likely to commute farther for more pay, more likely to leave their current job for more pay, more likely to ask for a raise, more likely to have long tenure with a single employer, etc.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

(12-04-2023, 04:26 PM)Maniac Craniac Wrote: Not when controlled for relevant individual factors.

https://www.payscale.com/research-and-in...r-pay-gap/

"The controlled gender pay gap is $0.99 for every $1 men make, which is still not equal. The controlled pay gap tells us what women earn compared to men when all compensable factors are accounted for — such as job title, education, experience, industry, job level, and hours worked. Although $0.99 cents may seem very close to $1, small differences in earnings on the dollar can compound over the course of a lifetime career. The gender pay gap should be zero. It is not zero."

A mere 1% difference after accounting for most major, but not all minor factors, and is likely well within the margin of error. It didn't take into account that men are more likely to commute farther for more pay, more likely to leave their current job for more pay, more likely to ask for a raise, more likely to have long tenure with a single employer, etc.

Life isn't a control group. I know several women who have applied for the same jobs as men and been offered less money. When questioned, the women were blacklisted instead of increasing the salary to match. This happened to my sister who was more educated and more experience than the man who applied for the same job. The company had multiple openings for the same position. She knew all the details because one of her best friends got one of the openings. She was offered several thousand less than him. She questioned the difference in salary and her offer was withdrawn and she was blacklisted. Happens more often than people realize.
Another viral Tiktok education vid

Girlhood is having a higher GPA than every guy who ever treated me like I was stupid.
https://www.tiktok.com/@chasabase/video/...5495889195

What do you all think about that one?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-21-2024, 03:22 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Another viral Tiktok education vid
https://www.tiktok.com/@chasabase/video/...5495889195

What do you all think about that one?

Children acting like children lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 133 Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,229 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,607 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,971 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 262 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 539 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 421 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 750 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 220 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 256 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP