Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to JFK University - MBA
Okay, I talked with the JFK rep today and I think I'll do JFK for my MBA (Healthcare) that I started at Patten.

They will give me the Patten rate and monthly payment ($520 a month, although I was actually paying $450 a month when I dropped out).  They have two half-year semesters instead of three sessions a year.  They transfer all of my enrollment, etc., so that I don't have to order $125 worth of transcripts from all the schools I attended for my BS.  They will bill monthly and post grades as I finish a course, and then I can turn it in for some reimbursement this year and then some next year, and that will help with cashflow.  You must complete 4 courses per half-year semester, which isn't a problem as I plan to do at least one per month. 

If I can do all that, I'll finish in a year and the total cost will be $6240.  WGU, which has a better name Smile, is $7790 for the year for their MBA.  It saves me $1550.  In the big scheme of things, it's enough to be important.

Just a FYI, I'm just getting the MBA to remain competitive during my 6 years left until retirement.  I've been in healthcare all my life, so I'm not really getting it to improve my career or jumpstart a career.

It also means I have to put my LVN to RN at Excelsior on hold, but I can also apply to WGU for their BSN (2.5 years) program if I can do my MBA in a year.   Yes, I plan to work as a part-time desk RN when I retire.

And then... hahahaha... in CA you get free tuition after you are 62 or 65 at the state colleges, so I'll go get a fun degree :Smile Or maybe to Brandman for the MAOL - it sounds good too.  Yes, I'll be in college until the day I die.   Cool
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

[-] The following 4 users Like GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • allvia, eLearner, harrypotter, Life_One
I’m actually considering their flex MBA as well. Have you started yet? Do you think a course is doable within a month? & are there videos and/or live lecture broadcasts? Their webpage is sort of vague on the layout of the courses

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BABA, New England College, 2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes harrypotter's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(09-18-2018, 06:36 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I’m actually considering their flex MBA as well. Have you started yet? Do you think a course is doable within a month? & are there videos and/or live lecture broadcasts? Their webpage is sort of vague on the layout of the courses

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

I haven't started yet - I have until the first of October to decide and get the Patten deal.

My understanding is that they bought the Patten software, which was built by the same people that built WGU software. 

I know several people who completed the Patten MBA in less than 8 months.
Denise

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

[-] The following 1 user Likes GoodYellowDogs's post:
  • harrypotter
I've got about 5 days to decide and still can't make up my mind.   That's probably a sign that I'm not ready to do it.
Denise

You can't complete it in a month, unfortunately. At the fastest, you can probably complete one course per week, there's 12 courses. That's 3 months minimum. I'm enrolled now but they are having issues with the Examity- Final Exam site. It's not letting anyone take their finals. There's a set up issue so a lot of students right now are stuck unable to progress to the next courses. They hope to have it fixed by the end of the week.
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
Damn well hope you're all getting some credit back on your time-based tuition or a free extension!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
Amen to that. I'm going to ask for it, because I've done every other alternative I can think of. I even have assignments for the next class done, but until I take this final, I can't submit assignments for the next course. I was originally told the issue would be resolved by today but it isn't, so you know I'm going to insist on that. It took me one week to finish this class, so that's why my estimate is if you can devote an entire week to doing the three graded assignments, the project, the pre-final, and then the final, you can get one class done a week.
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
[-] The following 1 user Likes collegecareerstudent's post:
  • jsd
Decided not to go to do a MBA right now, or any school right now. I had personal stuff, money issues, etc. and it didn't feel like the right step. Next year. Smile
Denise

(10-08-2018, 02:47 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: Decided not to go to do a MBA right now, or any school right now.   I had personal stuff, money issues, etc. and it didn't feel like the right step.  Next year.  Smile

The price goes up to regular JFK tuition rate then, just letting you know that it's like 11,000+ a year.
(10-08-2018, 02:47 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: Decided not to go to do a MBA right now, or any school right now. I had personal stuff, money issues, etc. and it didn't feel like the right step. Next year. Smile

Since you plan to retire in~6 years anyway, perhaps consider a grad cert? There are some that are much cheaper and more flexible/short.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 178 Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 701 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,832 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,095 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,292 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 365 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,633 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 660 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,279 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel