Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Bye Jack
Good Bye Jack.
A dear person just passed away in my life. He was one of those very influential people in one’s life. A very strong willed man that just took me under his wing when I need it the most. Jack is much older than I, but our ages were never a bounder for us. His wisdom, laughter, and opinions will be missed. Our friend Doug will be performing his celebration of life. Bag pipes and all the fixing will be at this service. Our time here is just so finite. One never knows when he/she will be called upon to depart this beautiful earth. Please tell someone you love them today. Hug your spouse, child, lover, neighbor, friend, co-worker or beloved pet. So small, but the affects last in one's memory forever.

So all I can say is Good Bye Jack, my life is much richer for having been blessed with your presents. Love Allison
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
I so happy for you that you had someone like that in your life. You're very fortunate.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
LaterBloomer Wrote:I so happy for you that you had someone like that in your life. You're very fortunate.

Very lucky lady indeed. I spent countless hours sitting with Jack on his back porch. He has a lovely home nestled on the edge of the woods.
We would have so many visitors during our sessions. Chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits and deer would all pass bye and greet us. His friendship was very important to me. He came along after I lost my father. I was in my early twenties and had no real male support. Jack fulled that up pretty quickly.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Allison, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of such a dear friend. It leaves a void in our heart when we lose someone so dear to us. You are in my thoughts!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Losing a friend like that leaves a void for a long time, however we are stronger for having had that person in our life. Remember the great times you had together and be thankful for those memories. My heart goes out to you in this time of loss.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thank you girls for your kind words. I was lucky enough to be able to have seen Jack yesterday. Actually "My Girl Molly" and I brought Jack his favorite Thai food for lunch. Along with Godiva Truffle Bars that are dark chocolate with Key Lime inside. He was one happy boy. He had Doug (our mutual friend and minister) over visiting. So Molly and I stayed for an hour or so and visited with the boys. When I was leaving the boys actually had some glass of antique scotch in front of them. It was business as usual. I got a call several hours later from Doug saying that Jack did not want to tell me that he was having his defibrillator turned off that afternoon and they were waiting for the doctor to come by to do it. Jack being protective did not want to say it to me. Because I knew what that meant. Jack died in his sleep at some point last night. I admirer him for being able to die the way he wanted to and with diginty, grace, and peace. Very fortunate man. He will be missed.

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
alleycat Wrote:Thank you girls for your kind words. I was lucky enough to be able to have seen Jack yesterday. Actually "My Girl Molly" and I brought Jack his favorite Thai food for lunch. Along with Godiva Truffle Bars that are dark chocolate with Key Lime inside. He was one happy boy. He had Doug (our mutual friend and minister) over visiting. So Molly and I stayed for an hour or so and visited with the boys. When I was leaving the boys actually had some glass of antique scotch in front of them. It was business as usual. I got a call several hours later from Doug saying that Jack did not want to tell me that he was having his defibrillator turned off that afternoon and they were waiting for the doctor to come by to do it. Jack being protective did not want to say it to me. Because I knew what that meant. Jack died in his sleep at some point last night. I admirer him for being able to die the way he wanted to and with diginty, grace, and peace. Very fortunate man. He will be missed.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Allison!! You are in my prayers during this time. He sounds like a wonderful man!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Sorry for your loss, Allison. It's tough to lose someone like that who means so much in your life. Sad

(btw, clean out your Inbox! I tried to respond to an email and it was bounced back.) Tongue
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
Alleycat,
So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend, Jack. His decision to leave this world in a natural way and on his own terms speaks volumes about his character. You are so lucky to have had such a strong presence in your life. Take care and may God bless you and your family during this difficult time.
I'm very for your loss. I'm also happy that you had such a great friend. pm me if you need someone to chat with. Take care
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 667 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Living the Good Life on $24,000 a Year? Retire in Your 20’s or 30’s? LevelUP 34 5,750 03-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  What is Good Advice for Future Expats? Kal Di 3 690 03-13-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Messdiener
  Windows 11 Home Upgrade - Pretty Good bjcheung77 3 869 03-06-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Why Being A Jack Of All Trades Is Essential For Success sanantone 0 609 01-23-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Shocker - Common Core not giving good outcomes dfrecore 16 2,700 04-24-2020, 02:18 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  where's a good place to relocate if you're in tech ? nyvrem 9 2,016 03-03-2019, 09:23 AM
Last Post: alab21
  Seemed like a good deal, Name Brand assoc. School low tuition Unv. of Ark. but not frank.f.franky 9 2,922 06-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  I sure hope TESU advising is having a good break, because they are going to freak... eriehiker 15 3,559 01-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Please reccommend a good e -reader that reads out loud. yb1 6 1,389 05-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Ideas