Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grad Level Business Comm?
Are there any alternative ways to earn credit for a graduate level business communications course?

It is so redundant to take this course after taking business communications at the undergrad level:confused:
Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Open College @ Kaplan University
Completed
April 2016

Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University now Purdue University
In Progress
32 out of 60 credits earned
I really hate that I had to waste 6 weeks of my life on this course. I ended up taking this course at Kaplan and the assignments are VERY SIMILAR in nature to the Business Communication course offered at Straighterline. The ONLY difference I have noticed is that it requires APA style instead of MLA..... ! :ack: A filler course is not the best way to start an MBA program.

Pressing onward!
Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Open College @ Kaplan University
Completed
April 2016

Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University now Purdue University
In Progress
32 out of 60 credits earned
Yep it's a filler.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
futuremrsmlb Wrote:I really hate that I had to waste 6 weeks of my life on this course. I ended up taking this course at Kaplan and the assignments are VERY SIMILAR in nature to the Business Communication course offered at Straighterline. The ONLY difference I have noticed is that it requires APA style instead of MLA..... ! :ack: A filler course is not the best way to start an MBA program.

Pressing onward!

I would just think of it as a review course, to ease or transition into the MBA. Heck, if you've done all the work already, it's an easy pass!
Even though you might not learn too much in the course, I think they use it to make sure everyone has a good review of their previous knowledge.
Especially when communication is a key component of business and other higher learning degrees.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Taking graduate-level versions of classes you took for your bachelor's degree doesn't sound like the epitome of fun. However, I could see how this could be useful if you got a bachelor's degree in a non-business subject and then decided to get an MBA. Even if you have a business background, it never hurts to review your writing and communication skills - I've met an awful lot of well-educated business professionals who simply can't write worth a hoot.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 180 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WES US evaluation SQA Level 11 doyouhowdo1 2 198 03-29-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: doyouhowdo1
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 187 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Spanish Titulo Propio & UK Level 7/8 Qualification Framework bjcheung77 21 6,557 03-18-2024, 04:27 PM
  Legit UK Level 7 and Level 8 Diplomas armstrongsubero 3 412 03-12-2024, 10:21 AM
  UK Level 7/8 Diploma Questions bennyoftheD 22 2,623 03-10-2024, 02:20 AM
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 845 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,781 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,219 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,319 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052