Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade point average at TESU
My current plan is to transfer in all credits needed for my program at TESU except the capstone (using cc, ace and testing credits). From looking at the website they don't count transferred credits into the GPA.. They only count classes you take with them. Does that mean my entire GPA will be decided based on the capstone class? I've never had an employer ask for transcripts but I guess if they did how would that work? Sorry if this had been asked before. I didn't find it under a search.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
One course with an A is a 4.0.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
Yes, that would be your GPA at TESU, (whatever your grade on the capstone is).

If an employer ever asks for transcripts, however, they will be able to see that your only graded credit is that one course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Of course, 1 course at a C is only a 2.0 so work hard. Wink
cookderosa Wrote:Of course, 1 course at a C is only a 2.0 so work hard. Wink

Not that OP would say this, but every time I hear "C's get degrees" from the younger generation, I want to shake some sense into them. "YES, C's do, but what about future plans like a job and/or grad school?!" lol
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I was just wondering would I have trouble getting into grad school or if I decided to go into teaching they might ask. I do have an associate's degree and a very high GPA that I could show but I guess I would just have to explain the testing credits. I'm saving all my scores after each course. I'm not sure they would be considered official but I guess it's better than nothing.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
For grad school they will usually ask for ALL of your transcripts and compute a GPA themselves. No need to explain anything, they will know exactly what you have done from the transcripts. Best to figure out what grad program you would want to apply to and ask these questions NOW. Depending on the program, they may want to see grades for particular pre-requisite courses, for example. If you know that now, you can go ahead and find graded courses somewhere. Other programs may not care very much. MBA programs in particular can be pretty liberal since they are seen as a big money maker.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
rlw74 Wrote:I was just wondering would I have trouble getting into grad school or if I decided to go into teaching they might ask. I do have an associate's degree and a very high GPA that I could show but I guess I would just have to explain the testing credits. I'm saving all my scores after each course. I'm not sure they would be considered official but I guess it's better than nothing.

You will have a GPA. Like Davewill said, your "actual" GPA is an accumulation of all earned grades.
But you can walk around saying you graduated with a 4.0. I know I would.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
I actually did exactly what he's talking about. Only took business math through TESU. This was right before they changed the rules to force people to take the capstone at TESU. Whew!! All the other credits were testing, etc. See below. And yes I got a 4.0 in that class but like they said above if you want to use it later the transcript clearly shows where all the other credit came from so that's a problem.
CLEP: College Comp, Analyze Lit 72, Social Sci & His 67, Natural Sci 62, Micro 56, Macro 64, Psychology 69, Sociology 58, Mgmt 65, Mktg 67, Bus Law 69

DSST: Law Enforce 67, Money & Bank 61, Org Beh 70, HR Mgt 61, Bus Ethics & Soc 432, MIS 454, HTYH 456, Substance Abuse 465, Intro Compute 460, Intro Business 446, Intro World Relig 475, Supervision 438

TECEP: Advertising
TESC: Business Mathematics
FEMA: 3 credits for Free electives
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trig
PENN FOSTER: Strategic Bus Mgt, Consumer Behavior, Financial Mgt
STRAIGHTERLINE: Accounting I & II, Managerial Bus Com, Statistics

Finished April 2013 (14 months of work) - Graduated June 2013 with BSBA Gen'l Mgmt from TESU
2017-Going to enter WGU's teacher program 5-12 Chemistry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,010 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,676 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,132 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,669 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,363 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,610 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,873 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore