Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! Excelsior's phone is disconnected and e-mails from AOL are coming back
Tried to call Excelsior College this morning before work and had some kind of funky message about the line was busy and the message center not set up to take messages. I went into their net site and posted an e-mail which has not been answered yet.

Got home and checked on that e-mail, as they usually resond quite quickly, then tried to call again, repeatedly. I keep getting a message that the phone has been disconnected....their 1-888 #.:toetap:

Tried to send an e-mail from my AOL account and it cameback DAEMONMAILER as undeliverable.

Just went in to their net site and tried to send an e-mail through their system, but no response, of course.

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS....please check and let me know. :willynilly:

THANKS,

Judy
Judy, I think some main telecommunications network trunk line must be out because I have been having trouble calling numbers all day. Any long distance number is ringing about 4 times then going busy. There have been a lot of network outages all around here too. I'm thinking a switch must be out somewhere. I'm sure Excelsior didn't pack up and close! I talked to my advisor on Friday for about an hour to try to figure out their LOL! Try again tomorrow or email them again through their website. It usually takes about 2 days to get a response that way for me.
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Thanks. Was just wondering if anyone else was having problems.

Down here they are reporting some bad weather in parts of the country and I thought something like that could be involved, but just needed reassurance.
this is actually a FUNNY situation. what if they just vanished............. all of us and our degrees would be toast!
Ugh, edited because sarcastic remarks to spammers, no matter how witty, just isn't the mature thing to do.

*grumbles*
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
At the time I first posted this, I found out later it WAS because of a major storm front that had caused the phone lines to be down, Internet hosts were down if located there, and people could not get to work up in Albany where they are based.

Living in South Florida I forget these things can be as devistating to folks up north as our tropical storms and hurricanes can down here.

Frankly, I have had no other problems since then.

Please check weather to see if this is a contributing factor.
Chebasaz Wrote:Ugh, edited because sarcastic remarks to spammers, no matter how witty, just isn't the mature thing to do.

*grumbles*
I do it. On DegreeInfo, sometimes I'll remove the spam link and let everyone make fun of the spammer, rather than removing the whole post. I think it is an effective tool to show them how futile their efforts are... and allows us to have a little fun in the process :roflol:

pirateeyes Wrote:I don't really know whats going on, but I been having the same problem. I hope they work it out soon, because this is causing me a lot of trouble.
You will be in a whole lot more trouble once your boss gets sued for having you spam us. We have your IP address, so he will know just who to fire first Wink
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cell Phone Deal - OnePlus Nord 30 - Best Buy $0 plus cost for X days service bjcheung77 6 784 03-06-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Spanish or Vanish... Duolingo coming to Math! ashkir 3 1,156 08-05-2022, 08:26 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Malcolm Nance: Excelsior BA to Cable News Star to Fighting for Ukraine Jonathan Whatley 9 910 05-01-2022, 09:56 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Pixel 6 - I am eyeing this phone today! bjcheung77 3 668 11-28-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gen Z Is Coming to Your Office. Get Ready to Adapt. allvia 4 1,865 10-29-2021, 03:20 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Back 2 School - Buy Mac/iPad - get AirPods + 20% off AppleCare bjcheung77 0 683 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  HUSH - Phone Number - Lifetime Deal $25 USD bjcheung77 11 3,607 06-01-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  Back pain exercises (PRO) - FREE bjcheung77 2 1,312 01-20-2021, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Rexona
  Obituary for former Excelsior English adjunct Sparklette 0 651 07-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,670 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger