Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone completed CS201 (DSA) on Study.com ?
I have a couple of questions about the final assignment. Not the coding part but more the format/structure that they would like it in. The description is very ambiguous or maybe I'm just missing something.

I've submitted multiple support tickets asking for clarification but still have had no reply. That was 2 weeks ago.

I decided to submit my assignment as one program that first stored the data in the 2D Array and then after prompting user, displaying data etc, it went on to transferring that data into a Hashmap for part 2 etc.

I got a very low grade with very generic feedback along the lines of 'incorrect solution'. Of course, I've asked for further clarification but I'm not holding my breath. 

If anyone could give insight on how you think this assignment should be submitted (especially if you've completed the course), that would be very helpful. Again, I'm not seeking help with the programming or the code, just the format or structure. Should I be submitting two completely separate programs, i.e two different java projects?

Project spec below:

Code:
Part 1: Sorting Arrays
Develop a program that asks the user to enter a capital for a U.S. state. Upon receiving the user input,
the program reports whether the user input is correct. For this application, the 50 states and their
capitals are stored in a two-dimensional array in order by state name. Display the current contents of
the array then use a bubble sort to sort the content by capital. Next, prompt the user to enter answers
for all the state capitals and then display the total correct count. The user's answer is not case-sensitive.

Part 2: Sorting & Searching HashMap
Now revise the code to store the pairs of each state and its capital in a Map using the HashMap function.
Display the content of the Map, then use the TreeMap class to sort the map while using a binary search tree
for storage. Next, your program should prompt the user to enter a state and it should then display the
capital for the state.

Thanks in advance
(02-26-2020, 12:51 PM)JayAllDay Wrote: I have a couple of questions about the final assignment. Not the coding part but more the format/structure that they would like it in. The description is very ambiguous or maybe I'm just missing something.

I've submitted multiple support tickets asking for clarification but still have had no reply. That was 2 weeks ago.

I decided to submit my assignment as one program that first stored the data in the 2D Array and then after prompting user, displaying data etc, it went on to transferring that data into a Hashmap for part 2 etc.

I got a very low grade with very generic feedback along the lines of 'incorrect solution'. Of course, I've asked for further clarification but I'm not holding my breath. 

If anyone could give insight on how you think this assignment should be submitted (especially if you've completed the course), that would be very helpful. Again, I'm not seeking help with the programming or the code, just the format or structure. Should I be submitting two completely separate programs, i.e two different java projects?

Project spec below:

Code:
Part 1: Sorting Arrays
Develop a program that asks the user to enter a capital for a U.S. state. Upon receiving the user input,
the program reports whether the user input is correct. For this application, the 50 states and their
capitals are stored in a two-dimensional array in order by state name. Display the current contents of
the array then use a bubble sort to sort the content by capital. Next, prompt the user to enter answers
for all the state capitals and then display the total correct count. The user's answer is not case-sensitive.

Part 2: Sorting & Searching HashMap
Now revise the code to store the pairs of each state and its capital in a Map using the HashMap function.
Display the content of the Map, then use the TreeMap class to sort the map while using a binary search tree
for storage. Next, your program should prompt the user to enter a state and it should then display the
capital for the state.

Thanks in advance

I submitted one program that fulfilled Part 1 and Part 2.  However, your program must be able to compile on jdoodle.  That is where my grader tested to see if the program worked.  Try running it there before you resubmit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,325 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,484 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,688 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 683 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM