Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Has anyone taken the new College Composition or College Composition Modular exam???
I am new to Instantcert and have not taken my first CLEP yet. I've chosen the composition exam(s) to take first. Has anyone taken either of the new exams? If so, how was it? How was the essay section? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I took the College Composition Modular, it was my first CLEP. I was supposed to take College Composition (which has the essay) but I made the mistake of not checking the test names Tongue Personally, I think it was a good first CLEP and I passed with a 54. I have heard many people say that the College Composition with the essay is a lot easier and that the essay section is pretty easy.

- Good Luck on Your CLEP!
I thought both of the exams now had mandatory essays? So the modular exam did not have one? Do you wish you would have taken the exam with the essays?
How long did you study for? I am planning on studying for 1-2 months and I'm hoping that's enough time. Any thoughts?
No, the Modular did not have an essay section. I do wish that I would've taken College Composition (I'm going to take that one soon!). I studied for it for about a month, so 1-2 months should be fine! IC has really great study questions. To get more info about the Composition tests (since they've had a recent change) go to the College Board website.

Hope that helped!
Thanks for the info! I am probably going to take the college composition exam and get the essay section over with. However, in your opinion, is it worth my time to also take the college composition modular exam as well? I don't know what college I want to apply the CLEP credits too yet and I am wondering if I should take both of the exams anyways just to cover myself. Thoughts?
I think that it really depends on what college you want to apply to. I know that the College Composition Modular is harder than the College Composition. Some colleges don't even accept College Composition Modular, so I would just take the College Composition.

Glad I could help!
I took the College Composition test yesterday and there was a technical glitch! I was unable to view the 2nd essay question and when pressing the proceed button to look for the question, the test ended! I spoke with College Board in NJ and they told me they have heard of this problem and I'll hear back in 2 weeks! I am so upset and not sure what recourse I have. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I haven't taken the exam yet and I hope that doesn't happen to me! You might want to search the message boards because I think that's happened to others who use this site.
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...essay.html
Passed:

DSSTs
Here's to Your Health-LL 3, Lifespan Dev.-LL 3,Principles of Public Speaking-LL 3

CLEPs
College Comp Modular-LL 3 01-Jul-10, Freshman Comp-LL 6, College Math-LL 6, Humanities-LL 6, Information Systems & Computer Applications-LL 3

Human Resource Mgmt A.A. (CCAF):patriot:
General Studies B.S. AMU (Currently working on)banghead
Thanks for posting the link!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 141 Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,232 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,608 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,974 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 264 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 543 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 423 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 752 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 220 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 258 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP