Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I lost my mind with this?
Shocked 
I am coming up with my fall schedule for 2019 and here is my class schedule :

1. Public Speaking
2. College Alg. or Stats (I forgot which one)
3. A & P I
4. Chemistry or Biology ( I haven't chosen yet.)

* My friends/ mom think I'll lost my "@#$%" mind but my conselour says it can be done but will be difficult. What do you guys think with these courses?
If you're not working or doing anything other than those four courses, you should be fine. It's considered a full course load, some even take one more course to try to max out their credits per semester. One word of advice, time management, just keep pushing until you're done with the courses homework and study for those exams/finals.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You should be fine if you spread out the work. I think it would be harder if it's Stats.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • posabsolute
That depends on several things. If each course were a standard 3 credit LL class, for a total of 12 hours, as bjcheung77 inferred, it’s definitely doable, and with free time. However, if you A&P and Bio/Chem classes are lecture only, or lecture/labs? If lecture/labs and your looking 16-18 hours+ I’d say you’re in for some work. Why not do some of these at StraighterLine? I did A&P 1 and 2 through them in the course of about 3 days total.

I did chemistry and gen bio (each with labs, on campus) and it’s a considerable amount of work, as is anatomy (without the physiology).
Chemistry and Biology is usually a prerequisite for A&P

I think you will have a difficult time with A&P because you haven't taken chem or bio
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • cookderosa
Public Speaking is a walk in the park, so that's pretty much a no brainer to take... and this is from someone who is naturally pretty introverted. Personally, I wouldn't expect A&P to be all that bad. I would take algebra over statistics. Technically statistics isn't difficult but if you get a bad teacher it can be difficult to grasp. I'd be more concerned about taking any sort of science and math in the same term, but I am not really a STEM person.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
I don't feel like A&P needs Bio or Chem. But if the course requires it, then I would.

I think public speaking can be hard for people who hate writing.

That is a tough bundle together, but I think you can do it. My son had a difficult time with A&P, but did fine with it and a full load of other classes. I assume that these are regular classes at a college?

One of my classmates at Harvard Extension in the Poetry in America Classes has 8 hours at HES, her 3 hour Capstone at TESU for English and 15 non traditional credits this semester. I think it is all a matter of what you set out to do!
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
I totally agree about bio and chem. Are you sure they aren't prereqs? Physiology is literally chemistry. Anatomy is literally biology. Even if you pass, I don't think you'll get the most out of A&P without bio and chem to help you understand their context. Just my opinion having taken all of the above (not at the same time lol)
I took A&P 1 & 2 w/ labs as dual enrollment in HS and those were my first college courses with zero chemistry knowledge and only basic biology knowledge. I did pretty well but to be fair, they might have been a little watered down as a dual enrollment course, even though they were numbered as second year courses. The next year I took an upper level kinesiology course and did well too.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have changed my mind... I'll apply to Georgia Tech's OMSCS nomaduser 5 1,561 12-25-2022, 12:43 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,214 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  IDEA has lost its two founders, who began in remote South Texas in 2000 bjcheung77 1 611 01-17-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Johann
  77 terabytes of data lost! bjcheung77 2 741 12-31-2021, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  With law school in mind, Excelsior or TESU? Jitzman94 6 1,732 04-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
Exclamation Retesting in a few months and scared out of my mind! 2L8 1 1,055 01-16-2018, 03:37 PM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  A bit lost and need some advice/help thanks! BearEDU 48 7,305 08-29-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  I'm lost! TESU accepted 43 of my 60 credits but only 22 apply to BSBA Awonser 15 1,777 06-17-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Please Help - My Mind is About to Explode! :) Alissa 10 1,411 04-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Alissa
  Going for a Masters in something you've never studies - have I lost my mind? soliloquy 11 1,373 11-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Last Post: NAP