Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have the audits for September graduation (TESU) happened yet?
I've had everything paid up for a while and haven't heard anything from TESU as of yet,
since getting the confirmation that I applied for September graduation,
and the receipt for the residency waiver if that counts, but this was back in April. 
Well, actually I had my grade posted from the capstone not too long ago. (I took a May one.)
But I haven't had anything about a credit audit yet.

I'm actually okay if an audit hasn't happened yet, since I'm still rushing to finish Chinese lit.
I'd contact them but I'm not sure I want to be like "Oh well I still have to schedule and take my final in a few days."

I assume a first audit should have happened by now though right?
You should have heard something by now, I'd reach out to them.  I too applied for Sept graduation and have already had my 1st audit - enough to know that I'm graduating in December. I have two courses left that I'm just not going to complete before the 2nd audit cut-off date they gave me (I know because for me that is today, and I haven't completed them Smile

Is that Chinese Lit course one you need for the Degree? Or just something extra you're taking - if it is a needed course it may be too late for Sept for the same reason I'm graduating in Dec.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Check your spam folder. You should have heard from them in early August at the latest.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(08-24-2018, 06:55 AM)allvia Wrote: You should have heard something by now, I'd reach out to them.  I too applied for Sept graduation and have already had my 1st audit - enough to know that I'm graduating in December. I have two courses left that I'm just not going to complete before the 2nd audit cut-off date they gave me (I know because for me that is today, and I haven't completed them Smile

Is that Chinese Lit course one you need for the Degree? Or just something extra you're taking - if it is a needed course it may be too late for Sept for the same reason I'm graduating in Dec.

It is needed unfortunately. I'm 117/120 and this is for my non-western lit requirement for my English degree.

Being just a final away I'm wondering if I'll have a couple days of leeway since I haven't heard anything
(08-24-2018, 08:23 AM)davewill Wrote: Check your spam folder. You should have heard from them in early August at the latest.

No such luck, thanks though. I have my primary email address as my email address for them and nothing there ore in the student one. I'll reach out to them first thing Monday morning
(08-25-2018, 08:18 AM)leland.kirk Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 08:23 AM)davewill Wrote: Check your spam folder. You should have heard from them in early August at the latest.

No such luck, thanks though. I have my primary email address as my email address for them and nothing there ore in the student one. I'll reach out to them first thing Monday morning

Definitely check with them. I had everything submitted by 7/1 but they NEVER contacted me. I got in touch with customer support 2 weeks ago and they had me confirmed and ready in 3 days time.

There was an issue they created with my 2nd area of study and 2nd bachelors, so make sure you know your rights and what you are qualified for. If you’re doing anything extra (certificates, 2nd degrees or Areas of study), an auditor may erroneously tell you the paths are too similar and revoke the plans you’ve completed, unless you can complete more classes before graduation.
(08-25-2018, 07:33 PM)mcaseyo Wrote: Definitely check with them. I had everything submitted by 7/1 but they NEVER contacted me. I got in touch with customer support 2 weeks ago and they had me confirmed and ready in 3 days time. 
There was an issue they created with my 2nd area of study and 2nd bachelors, so make sure you know your rights and what you are qualified for. If  you’re doing anything extra (certificates, 2nd degrees or Areas of study), an auditor may erroneously tell you the paths are too similar and revoke the plans you’ve completed, unless you can complete more classes before graduation.

Thanks, yeah I emailed advising very early this morning, and in the response I was told the registrar sent me my credit audit on 08/21 and moved me to December graduation. It also said to email the registrar with future questions specifically concerning the graduation process. So I did, but the exact same guy responded, with an unhelpful link to the graduation page on the TESU site and once again telling me to email the registrar. I double checked and I sent it to the right email address, but I guess they don't see that, maybe they just see a support ticket. Fighting with the limited cellular service in my area didn't quite work out either. I guess I'll just give up and be okay with December graduation. Mostly since I don't have to do anything extra.

My degree itself (BA in English) shouldn't be too complicated, I think in my case everything was luck and timing. My biggest mistake was not contacting them about it sooner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,320 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore