Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up: Residency Waiver Fees MAY go up July 1st
(06-23-2020, 07:48 PM)indivinefavor Wrote: Awesome...thanks for that!!

Hey @indivinefavor if you have 140 NA quarter hours have you considered EC?  They accept NA credit and TESU does not. Just something to consider especially if TESU makes more changes.
(06-23-2020, 07:56 PM)natshar Wrote:

Hey @indivinefavor if you have 140 NA quarter hours have you considered EC?  They accept NA credit and TESU does not. Just something to consider especially if TESU makes more changes.

Yes, unfortunately I tried that route years ago. But I received a majority of my credits in Criminal Justice and since I'm now in the Business sector, the CJ degree wouldn't do me any good. BALS isn't really much better, but I definitely didn't want the CJ degree. They also barely gave me any credits (Westwood College) and they mostly transferred in as electives. But that was awhile ago, maybe things have changed, but since then I've tested out of most of the BALS for TESU. You got me thinking now...I'm wondering if I should reapply? I still have several social science courses left to test out of for the BALS, but I took a crap load of NA Social Science courses in my past life lol. HMMMM.
"Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible." 
- Vince Gowmon

TESU BALS...in process...Dec 2020 graduation...woohoo!

Completed:
TEEX (3 credits): Death Investigation Online
Sophia (29 credits): Psych, Sociology, Ancient Greek, Visual Comm, Project Mgmt, Essentials of Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Art History I, Art History II, Conflict Resolution, Approaches to Studying Religions
Straighterline (15 Credits): Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Business Stats, Western Civ I, American Gov't
SDC (6 credits): Oral Communication and Information Literacy
CLEP (15 credits): A&I Literature, College Composition, Principles of Marketing             
DSST (18 credits): Here's to Your Health, Substance Abuse, Intro to World Religions, Environment & Humanity, Business Ethics & Society, HR Management
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
I would suggest applying to Excelsior and WGU as both accept Nationally Accredited credits, plus, both of them have free applications if you've taken Sophia/SL/Study.com courses. It will only cost you the transcripts... if you save $ and get more credits transferred in the end, that's the win right there...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • indivinefavor
(06-23-2020, 09:25 PM)indivinefavor Wrote:

Yes, unfortunately I tried that route years ago. But I received a majority of my credits in Criminal Justice and since I'm now in the Business sector, the CJ degree wouldn't do me any good. BALS isn't really much better, but I definitely didn't want the CJ degree. They also barely gave me any credits (Westwood College) and they mostly transferred in as electives. But that was awhile ago, maybe things have changed, but since then I've tested out of most of the BALS for TESU. You got me thinking now...I'm wondering if I should reapply? I still have several social science courses left to test out of for the BALS, but I took a crap load of NA Social Science courses in my past life lol. HMMMM.

I believe if you do some courses with study.com or straighter line or something they waive the application fee. Someone help me out with the details?

If it is free you should at least apply. Couldn't hurt. You have to pay for your transcripts though.

I see you did WGU before was it a bad experience? They have business degrees and also take NA credits, so you could be super close there.
(06-23-2020, 09:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would suggest applying to Excelsior and WGU as both accept Nationally Accredited credits, plus, both of them have free applications if you've taken Sophia/SL/Study.com courses.  It will only cost you the transcripts... if you save $ and get more credits transferred in the end, that's the win right there...

Yeah, you're right. It couldn't hurt to at least try. Been to WGU and had to withdraw for personal reasons and they wouldn't take me back lol. So EC it is.

(06-23-2020, 09:39 PM)natshar Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 09:25 PM)indivinefavor Wrote:

I believe if you do some courses with study.com or straighter line or something they waive the application fee. Someone help me out with the details?

If it is free you should at least apply. Couldn't hurt. You have to pay for your transcripts though.

I see you did WGU before was it a bad experience? They have business degrees and also take NA credits, so you could be super close there.

Thanks for the push. I just sent them an email and asked them about their eval process for NA credits. I did some more digging and found old emails (6 years ago) asking me to send Westwood syllabi for each course. Since this school is closed, these catalogs are nowhere to be found. But we'll see what they say. I'm going to finish my SL courses and put a hold onto Sophia until I hear back from EC about these NA credits. Fingers crossed!
"Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible." 
- Vince Gowmon

TESU BALS...in process...Dec 2020 graduation...woohoo!

Completed:
TEEX (3 credits): Death Investigation Online
Sophia (29 credits): Psych, Sociology, Ancient Greek, Visual Comm, Project Mgmt, Essentials of Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Art History I, Art History II, Conflict Resolution, Approaches to Studying Religions
Straighterline (15 Credits): Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Business Stats, Western Civ I, American Gov't
SDC (6 credits): Oral Communication and Information Literacy
CLEP (15 credits): A&I Literature, College Composition, Principles of Marketing             
DSST (18 credits): Here's to Your Health, Substance Abuse, Intro to World Religions, Environment & Humanity, Business Ethics & Society, HR Management
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
(06-17-2020, 07:07 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I'm taking another look at TESU costs. Correct me if I'm wrong but it actually looks like it's a bit cheaper to forget about the SDC discount & just go with the flat-rate tuition - taking at least 16 credits @ TESU to avoid residency waiver fee.

SDC Partnership Discount/ TESU Per Credit Tuition (6 credits @ TESU): $50 application fee + $2,800 residency waiver + $298 graduation fee + $2,274 (cost for 2 courses) = $5,422

No SDC Partnership Discount/ TESU Flat Rate Tuition: (16 credits @ TESU): $50 application fee + $4,928 flat rate tuition + $298 graduation fee = $5,276.

Maybe I just realized most people oppose the flat-rate tuition because you need to take so many courses in about 3 months.

A couple of things I just realized, correct me if I'm wrong -
> Per - Credit Tuition: A few months ago another user mentioned that they bill the residency waiver per year (when you apply for graduation) not per term. So taking the info literacy + the capstone in 2 different terms will be the same price as stated above.

> Flat - Rate Tuition: You don't need to take 16 credits in one term. You can take 16 credits in 2-3 terms & it will still be the same cost as stated above.. I'm not totally sure why other users were saying students would need to take 16 credits in one term. I guess for quickest route?

Mentioned in this thread:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...idency-fee
BABA, New England College, 2019
(06-26-2020, 11:15 PM)harrypotter Wrote: A couple of things I just realized, correct me if I'm wrong -

> Flat - Rate Tuition: You don't need to take 16 credits in one term. You can take 16 credits in 2-3 terms & it will still be the same cost as stated above.. I'm not totally sure why other users were saying students would need to take 16 credits in one term. I guess for quickest route?

Trimmed the quote to address this part only.

To be eligible for the flat rate, one needs to take at least 9 credits per term. The "flat rate" seems cheaper for the full 16 credits if it is a one time (meaning all 16 in one term). But if you break it up over 2 terms, then you pay flat rate tuition twice and still have to have 9 credits each term.

That's different issue from having to take all 16 credits in one term in order to not have to pay residency waiver.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • rachel83az
(06-26-2020, 11:15 PM)harrypotter Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 07:07 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I'm taking another look at TESU costs. Correct me if I'm wrong but it actually looks like it's a bit cheaper to forget about the SDC discount & just go with the flat-rate tuition - taking at least 16 credits @ TESU to avoid residency waiver fee.

SDC Partnership Discount/ TESU Per Credit Tuition (6 credits @ TESU): $50 application fee + $2,800 residency waiver + $298 graduation fee + $2,274 (cost for 2 courses) = $5,422

No SDC Partnership Discount/ TESU Flat Rate Tuition: (16 credits @ TESU): $50 application fee + $4,928 flat rate tuition + $298 graduation fee = $5,276.

Maybe I just realized most people oppose the flat-rate tuition because you need to take so many courses in about 3 months.

A couple of things I just realized, correct me if I'm wrong -  
> Per - Credit Tuition: A few months ago another user mentioned that they bill the residency waiver per year (when you apply for graduation) not per term. So taking the info literacy + the capstone in 2 different terms will be the same price as stated above.

So, the flat-rate tuition is only for taking 9cr in a single term, meaning if you don't take all 16cr then, you'll have to pay that flat-rate tuition again.  So add another $5000 to the cost if you do this over 2 terms.

Also, part of this is about getting a Pell grant; you have to take 12cr in a term to qualify for the full amount of the Pell.

So there are really multiple issues here, and all getting kind of mixed together.

Now, if you want to take 16cr of per-credit tuition, and spread it out over time, you can do that too.  But I'd say that once you get over a certain amount, it would have been better to go to a school where it's about the same price for 30cr (or something like that).  One where you can transfer in 90cr (including ACE) and then take your UL major coursework at that school, and you'll have so many more options than TESU offers.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,046 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Residency waiver beyond graduation gams007 15 1,383 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver jch 23 1,573 11-29-2023, 10:30 PM
  TESU multiple degrees / residency question Sean1234 12 1,126 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Residency Waiver cost BigJohn1975 2 619 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU residency waiver dbrown2258 22 1,778 09-17-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,090 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
  Pursuing multiple TESU degrees; residency/RA requirements? bruh 8 713 06-11-2023, 03:04 AM
  Paying Residency Waiver awildefish 17 1,488 05-06-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Residency requirement for 2nd TESU degree TopHatWombat 7 703 05-04-2023, 04:52 AM
Last Post: LevelUP