Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello and Business or Psychology
Yes, the best advice is to take the first step and start on some Gen Ed courses instead of getting paralyzed with indecision and letting time pass you by. Most of the requirements for the degrees have a lot of overlap, so you can iron out the details while you are actually making progress.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Hello all,

I am on the path to progress.. I have completed most of the starting courses that were recommended to me.  I do have a question before I continue my studies.  I have decided to go for the TESU BSBA.  And I know that not every course I take will apply to that degree.  How does TESU deal with those courses/credits?  
Does every course I take that is on my ACE transcript end up on my TESU transcript?  If it's worth credit but doesn't apply to my particular degree does it say no credit?  I think it would be nice if all my ACE credits were on an official university transcript but not if it appears as though I didn't earn credit for it.

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea
(09-09-2019, 01:30 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote: Hello all,

I am on the path to progress.. I have completed most of the starting courses that were recommended to me.  I do have a question before I continue my studies.  I have decided to go for the TESU BSBA.  And I know that not every course I take will apply to that degree.  How does TESU deal with those courses/credits?  
Does every course I take that is on my ACE transcript end up on my TESU transcript?  If it's worth credit but doesn't apply to my particular degree does it say no credit?  I think it would be nice if all my ACE credits were on an official university transcript but not if it appears as though I didn't earn credit for it.

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea

If you send the ACE credits to TESU for evaluation then they will appear on your transcript; it's not that you don't get credit it just falls into "other" on your evaluation. The official transcript just lists everything (it doesn't differentiate between what credits were applied to your degree).

If you have decided on the BSBA why will you be earning credits that don't apply to the degree? From this point forward you should only be taking the course/exams that you need; especially since you said you were on a time crunch to earn your bachelor degree. Don't get caught up on earning cheap credits you don't need, focus on the prize (the degree)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • OldManOfTheSea
I agree with allvia, you should now start taking only courses that will go towards your BSBA. The courses you have taken should be fine for the general education components and free electives, but you have a slim margin for anything more as their is only 6 credits for the free electives, and 17-20 for the general education requirements, the rest have to be planned in properly.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
@OldManOfTheSea -  I saw you post about OnlineDegree; FYI if you're looking to try OD then these would apply to the CORE of you BSBA at TESU (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...lency-list)

EC101 - Economics-Introduction to Microeconomics         = TESU ECO-112 Microeconomics
BS101 - Business-Introduction to Strategy & Marketing    = TESU MAR-201 Introduction to Marketing
BS102 - Business-Introduction to Accounting & Finance    = TESU ACC-101 Principles of Financial Accounting

Then for your required General Education Requirements they offer quite a few that can be used to meet those as well (https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2016-and-after)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(09-09-2019, 01:58 PM)allvia Wrote:

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea

If you send the ACE credits to TESU for evaluation then they will appear on your transcript; it's not that you don't get credit it just falls into "other" on your evaluation. The official transcript just lists everything (it doesn't differentiate between what credits were applied to your degree).

If you have decided on the BSBA why will you be earning credits that don't apply to the degree? From this point forward you should only be taking the course/exams that you need; especially since you said you were on a time crunch to earn your bachelor degree. Don't get caught up on earning cheap credits you don't need, focus on the prize (the degree)

Hi allvia!

I like the fact that TESU lists all the credits on their transcript.  It feels more official, at least to me, than the ACE transcript.

I am earning credits that I am not sure will apply to the TESU BSBA degree.  For example, the TEEX death investigation, basic property technician and basic criminal investigation courses.

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea
(09-09-2019, 05:48 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea

Hi allvia!

I like the fact that TESU lists all the credits on their transcript.  It feels more official, at least to me, than the ACE transcript.

I am earning credits that I am not sure will apply to the TESU BSBA degree.  For example, the TEEX death investigation, basic property technician and basic criminal investigation courses.

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea

I think the question Allvia is asking is, why are you taking these courses if they aren't going to apply to your degree?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(09-09-2019, 05:56 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 05:48 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote:

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea

Hi allvia!

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea

I think the question Allvia is asking is, why are you taking these courses if they aren't going to apply to your degree?

Hi mysonx3!

Like I said in my last post, I am not sure they will apply to my degree.  I am not sure where they will fit in, short of having TESU do a credit evaluation.  

*Edited to include I just saw bjcheung77's rsponse. So these additional TEEX courses won't help?

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea
The additional TEEX and other courses not business related will not be useful and will just take up your energy/money/time. You need to pre-plan all your remaining courses. As I mentioned earlier, the courses you have taken will be used in the 6 credits free electives and 17-20 credits general education electives. You need to get all your other courses, such as the other general education requirements, then the business requirements, and finally the AOS (area of study concentration).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-09-2019, 08:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The additional TEEX and other courses not business related will not be useful and will just take up your energy/money/time.  You need to pre-plan all your remaining courses.  As I mentioned earlier, the courses you have taken will be used in the 6 credits free electives and 17-20 credits general education electives.   You need to get all your other courses, such as the other general education requirements, then the business requirements, and finally the AOS (area of study concentration).

Hi bjcheung77!

I guess my best bet is to get the general education requirements out of the way first.  Would you suggest Straighterline, Saylor, or a different provider for those?  And then SDC would be the best for the business requirements and AOS?

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 5 477 01-03-2024, 01:31 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  TESU BUS-2100 Quantitative Skills for Business MortySanchez 2 345 09-05-2023, 03:03 AM
  SDC Business 311: Project Management Staceys88 3 367 07-10-2023, 10:56 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Student: Business Degree Course Map Nate121693 11 990 05-15-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tesu business Pats20 18 1,636 05-03-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Sophia Business Communication - TESU COM-202 Intro to Business Communications BSLIONS 0 575 02-21-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BSLIONS
  Saylor OPM-351 Business Statistics Question sarahmac 5 818 09-18-2022, 07:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Location Analytics for Business and other transfer equivalencies carrythenothing 11 1,067 09-15-2022, 03:40 AM