Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Advice needed! TESU enrollment expiring.
Hi,  I am seeking advice on this forum.  I received an email in regards to my enrollment expiring from TESU.  The issue is, I have a few courses to go for my degrees.  My progress somewhat stalled for a few months due to several family situations.

Basically, I will be taking some Study.com courses for the BALS NSM AOS and will need to take the BALS Capstone.  I want to take advantage of the Capstone Tuition discount, the Residency Waiver discount, and also the Cornerstone Waiver.  What do I need to do to get all three discounts?  Should I just get the ASNSM's first?  Or take an easy not-needed TECEP?

Since the residency waiver should be good for one year;  My main concern and question are, can I take the Capstone course, apply for graduation and pay for the residency waiver before everything changes in order to get the discounts?  Is there anything I should do or steps I should take in order to get this done efficiently and effectively?  TIA!

We hope your experiences at Thomas Edison State University have been rewarding and that you are progressing toward your academic goals. However, we noticed that your enrollment period is about to expire.

In order to continue as a student at the University, you must do one of the following immediately:
By taking one of these actions, you will remain an enrolled student at Thomas Edison State University. You will be able to continue your current degree requirements and have uninterrupted access to student services and our team of academic advisors. For a quick refresher on our tuition plans and to help you make a decision before your current enrollment ends, click here.

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions & Enrollment Services at (609) 777-5680: Option 1, Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM (ET) or via email at enrolled@tesu.edu.

We look forward to helping you achieve your academic goals. 
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(05-08-2018, 12:15 AM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: sically, I will be taking some Study.com courses for the BALS NSM AOS and will need to take the BALS Capstone.  I want to take advantage of the Capstone Tuition discount, the Residency Waiver discount, and also the Cornerstone Waiver.  What do I need to do to get all three discounts?  Should I just get the ASNSM's first?  Or take an easy not-needed TECEP?

Getting the ASNSM first would probably require a second Residency waiver fee, so I wouldn't advise that.

You can enroll in an easy TECEP now, and have them add the Study.com affiliation now and waive the cornerstone.

Enroll in the capstone by late June. Or, instead of enrolling in the TECEP just enroll in the capstone now if you are ready.

Yes, you can pay the residency waiver in late June if you are sure you will graduate within 1 year. If you don't, the waiver fee has to be paid again.

[-] The following 3 users Like Ideas's post:
  • davewill, Johmford, Yenisei
Register for the capstone now. You'd have to do so by next month to get the big discount anyway. If you're really not ready, then take some TECEP that will fit in your degree.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Johmford
You have to register for the capstone and pay the residency waiver before June 30 to get the discount. If you're not ready to do the capstone, or pay the RW (and graduation within a year), then I suggest not worrying about the discount as you're letting that rule your choices. If for some reason you couldn't graduate in time, then you'd actually have to pay the RW again, negating all the money you saved by paying early and then some.

If you just want to enroll so that you don't lose your catalog, then I suggest a TECEP.

I also suggest taking at least 1 Study.com course and sending in the transcript now, to make sure that you get your discount.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • davewill, Johmford
Isn't there a fee you can pay to extend your enrollment by one year?
(05-08-2018, 08:21 PM)Silly_Me Wrote: Isn't there a fee you can pay to extend your enrollment by one year?

You can do a catalog year extension instead of taking a class or TECEP. I believe there is a fee of $70 or something like that, though a TECEP is only $117 so given the choice between the two, a TECEP is probably a better investment.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Johmford
(05-08-2018, 08:21 PM)Silly_Me Wrote: Isn't there a fee you can pay to extend your enrollment by one year?

You can request a catalog year extension. It doesn't look like there's a fee. I don't know that anyone here has done it.

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/l...eadmission

There's a different thing where you if you're working on your last courses, you can pay to extend enrollment for a short time to finish courses and graduate.
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

There is a fee for Catalog Year Extension$70
https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

I talked about this to advisory and she said I can request for it .
(05-09-2018, 08:33 AM)mvk Wrote: There is a fee for Catalog Year Extension$70
https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

I talked about this to advisory and she said I can request for it .

It's good to know we have this option. (It sure beats losing your catalog year & academic evaluation! $70 isn't too high a price to pay for peace of mind.)
(05-09-2018, 11:12 AM)Silly_Me Wrote: It's good to know we have this option. (It sure beats losing your catalog year & academic evaluation! $70 isn't too high a price to pay for peace of mind.)

But you could go ahead and pay $114 for TECEP, get a year of enrollment (not just a hold) plus 3 credits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,010 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,678 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,134 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,670 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,365 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,611 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,340 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,398 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,875 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore