Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help finding the listed classes
Hello all,

Looking to find the best place to get the following classes. I am about finished with an associates degree at Bismarck State College. I am Looking to complete their Bachelors of Applied Science in Energy Management. The classes listed below are classes I need to take in order to take the Energy Management classes. 

ACCT 200 Elements of Accounting 1

ACCT 201 Elements of Accounting 2

Math 210 Elementary Statistics

BADM 202 Principles of Management

BADM 281 Organizational Behavior  

Comm 110 Fundamentals of Public Speaking 

ECON 201 Principles of Microeconomics 

ECON 202 Principles of Macroeconomics.
A lot of those look like they'd be available between Sophia and SDC. But you should check with your institution first and make sure they will accept those courses.

If not, there is a page on the wiki for sources of cheap credit you could knock some of those out at and transfer in from other colleges but again, I'd check and make sure it would transfer first.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RiverM's post:
  • Colton.M
Why wouldn't you just take those courses at the school you're at?

Do they take ACE?

We need more info in order to help.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-15-2021, 11:14 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Why wouldn't you just take those courses at the school you're at?

Do they take ACE?

Not trying to spend $800 a class when there are cheaper and shorter class options out there.
(09-15-2021, 11:35 AM)Colton.M Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:14 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Why wouldn't you just take those courses at the school you're at?

Do they take ACE?

Not trying to spend $800 a class when there are cheaper and shorter class options out there.

You need to find out if they accept ACE before doing anything. You then need to find out what ACE courses they accept and from where. Most schools are very limited in what they accept from ACE.
Looks like you're in luck - they take ACE and they are a Straighterline partner (which also means they MAY take Sophia or Study.com, although no guarantees).

Here's what they'll take from SL:
Accounting I - >> ACCT 200 Elements of Accounting 1
Introduction to Statistics >> Math 210 Elementary Statistics
Principles of Management >> BADM 202 Principles of Management
Organizational Behavior >> BADM 281 Organizational Behavior
Introduction to Communication >> Comm 110 Fundamentals of Public Speaking
Microeconomics >> ECON 201 Principles of Microeconomics
Macroeconomics >> ECON 202 Principles of Macroeconomics

Nothing looks like it works for:

I would check first though - SL is pretty bad about updating their website. Then I'd check for Sophia and Study.com.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I would email your academic advisor asking about StraighterLine Accounting II. Otherwise, take them all through StraighterLine, the courses should all be open book final exams and proctored with ProctorU. The faster you complete, the cheaper as you pay a monthly subscription membership and each course should be $59.

BTW, which Energy associates degree are you taking from them? I know you're laddering into the Bachelors... they have several Associates options I noticed. Oh, and they accept 50% transfer credit from alternative sources into their Bachelors, Certs, Diplomas... the Associates is a strange one, they only need 15 residency credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-15-2021, 03:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Looks like you're in luck - they take ACE and they are a Straighterline partner (which also means they MAY take Sophia or Study.com, although no guarantees).

I would check first though - SL is pretty bad about updating their website.  Then I'd check for Sophia and Study.com.
What exactly is ACE?

(09-15-2021, 03:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Looks like you're in luck - they take ACE and they are a Straighterline partner (which also means they MAY take Sophia or Study.com, although no guarantees).

I would check first though - SL is pretty bad about updating their website.  Then I'd check for Sophia and Study.com.
What exactly is ACE?
ACE is college-equivalent credit from non-collegiate providers such as Study.com, StraighterLine, Sophia.org, and so on. There is a similar, but even less-widely accepted, program called NCCRS.

CLEP exams are probably the most widely known and accepted forms of alternative credit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
ACE is American Council on Education  - current credit guide: https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 573 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BABA - M&L Remaining Classes jrock87 4 297 02-17-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Remaining Classes Advice - UMPI BABA M&L diablo 2 357 01-26-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Help finding a school and degree plan bleedingpurple 39 3,452 12-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Finding my best option for BABA or Psych (or IO) JPeG 18 1,375 12-11-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BSBA Accounting - Need to plan remaining classes Dosada 6 596 11-14-2023, 02:53 AM
  EDU Major needs Help finding online quickest BA. (Looking to go on to Master's) JF143 7 581 07-25-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Trying to figure out what other classes I would need. sach2380 6 681 06-11-2023, 09:54 PM
Last Post: sach2380
  Need help finding a graduate program that will take really old TV Production Credits lisarox 21 1,732 05-15-2023, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Need advice on remaining classes for BLS fromthedepths 9 824 03-03-2023, 08:20 PM