Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help finding the listed classes
How are you on this forum asking questions and don't know what ACE is?? It's practically the foundation of the forum.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-15-2021, 04:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would email your academic advisor asking about StraighterLine Accounting II.  Otherwise, take them all through StraighterLine, the courses should all be open book final exams and proctored with ProctorU.  The faster you complete, the cheaper as you pay a monthly subscription membership and each course should be $59.

BTW, which Energy associates degree are you taking from them?  I know you're laddering into the Bachelors... they have several Associates options I noticed.  Oh, and they accept 50% transfer credit from alternative sources into their Bachelors, Certs, Diplomas... the Associates is a strange one, they only need 15 residency credits.

I am currently in the Electrical Power Technology degree. I work in energy industry.

(09-16-2021, 12:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: How are you on this forum asking questions and don't know what ACE is?? It's practically the foundation of the for

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this forum a place to get information? I know about all the study.com and Straight liner sites but didn't realize they were ACE. Easy guy.
(09-16-2021, 12:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: How are you on this forum asking questions and don't know what ACE is?? It's practically the foundation of the forum.

It's pretty easy to find this forum without knowing what ACE is. Plenty of people show up here without knowing the first thing about alternate credit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
The Electrical Power Technology Associates program seems cool and a perfect way to get an Associates & ladder to that BAS...
Yeah, I checked out their program yesterday.  I found their program pretty intriguing, it's awesome being fully online to boot...

Interesting tidbit - The only BAS Energy Management program in the nation: https://www.bismarckstate.edu/academics/programs/enrg/
Prior Learning (AP, CLEP, PLA, etc): https://www.bismarckstate.edu/academics/...ces/prior/

My only suggestion for you is to "CLEP/MS" and StraighterLine the majority of your lower level courses and only complete the required residency credits from them.

The big disclaimer from them in the Prior Learning pages, there is a discrepancy, some pages reference 40 and others 45 credits for Associates, but all of them reference the 50% for the Certs, Diploma, Bachelors I referred to earlier in my previous post:  The first is PLA, the second is Challenge Exam (which also shows StraighterLine)

A maximum of 45 semester hours of non-traditional college credit (i.e., AP, CLEP, DSST, military training, BSC challenge test credit, portfolio development, prior learning, and courses covered under high school articulation agreements) may be applied to an associate’s degree, diploma, or certificate at BSC. A maximum of 60 semester hours of non-traditional college credit may be applied to a bachelor of applied science degree at BSC.

A maximum of 40 semester hours of non-traditional college credit (i.e., AP, CLEP, DSST, military experience/training, BSC challenge examination credit, portfolio development, industry credit training, and courses covered under high school articulation agreements and StraighterLine agreement) may be applied to an associate’s degree or amount not to exceed 50% semester hours for a diploma or certificate at BSC. A maximum of 60 semester hours of non-traditional college credit may be applied to a Bachelor of Applied Science degree at BSC
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Big Grin 
(09-16-2021, 12:18 PM)Colton.M Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this forum a place to get information?

you came here and made 3 posts without knowing what ACE is ??

HOW DARE YOU !  

Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • thecontrarian
(09-16-2021, 06:12 PM)bluebooger Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 12:18 PM)Colton.M Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this forum a place to get information?

you came here and made 3 posts without knowing what ACE is ??

HOW DARE YOU !  

Big Grin

I just assumed that when people come on here asking for fast, cheap courses to bring into a college they're already going to, that they know what ACE is.  Otherwise, how on earth do they think they can do it??  Innocent mistake on my part.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • thecontrarian
(09-16-2021, 08:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I just assumed that when people come on here asking for fast, cheap courses to bring into a college they're already going to, that they know what ACE is.  Otherwise, how on earth do they think they can do it??  Innocent mistake on my part.

There are self-paced courses like TEL or ONU. There are also courses that run 8 weeks instead of 12 or 16. There are multiple ways to get fast & cheap without involving ACE.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts, thecontrarian
(09-16-2021, 01:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 12:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: How are you on this forum asking questions and don't know what ACE is?? It's practically the foundation of the forum.

It's pretty easy to find this forum without knowing what ACE is. Plenty of people show up here without knowing the first thing about alternate credit.

Yep, that was me! I knew about AP but had no idea about transferring credit, CLEPs, ACE, ModernStates etc .... 

I've told loads of adults, friends, etc about what I'm trying to do and barely anyone understands it. They seem to hear what I'm saying but it doesn't click.

I told my neighbour that I'm going to get a BSBA in Accounting in one year he wanted me to check if the college is legit, he was sure I'm being scammed!

I told him it's TESU, then the conversation changed to why his daughter didn't do that when she was at Rutgers!

(Where I live it's a common misunderstanding; lots of people assume TESU is some sort of local branch/off-shoot of Rutgers).
[-] The following 2 users Like thecontrarian's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
(09-16-2021, 08:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I just assumed that when people come on here asking for fast, cheap courses to bring into a college they're already going to, that they know what ACE is.  Otherwise, how on earth do they think they can do it??  Innocent mistake on my part.

I never heard of ACE credit until I found this forum. I had heard of CLEP but didn't know that was ACE until I found this place. I was just looking for something online that wouldn't take 15/16 weeks like typical schools. I found CSU Global with 7 week terms. Then I read about UMPI on here and was very interested. I never heard of Sophia until I joined here. I tried it because it was free. Then I went off to UMPI and completed my degree in 3 terms. 

There are a ton of programs on here I had never heard of outside of here. I wouldn't even know what to Google to find them. If we already knew all about ACE and had this knowledge, why would we need the forum?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 580 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BABA - M&L Remaining Classes jrock87 4 302 02-17-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Remaining Classes Advice - UMPI BABA M&L diablo 2 359 01-26-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Help finding a school and degree plan bleedingpurple 39 3,466 12-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Finding my best option for BABA or Psych (or IO) JPeG 18 1,382 12-11-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BSBA Accounting - Need to plan remaining classes Dosada 6 600 11-14-2023, 02:53 AM
  EDU Major needs Help finding online quickest BA. (Looking to go on to Master's) JF143 7 585 07-25-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Trying to figure out what other classes I would need. sach2380 6 689 06-11-2023, 09:54 PM
Last Post: sach2380
  Need help finding a graduate program that will take really old TV Production Credits lisarox 21 1,741 05-15-2023, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Need advice on remaining classes for BLS fromthedepths 9 824 03-03-2023, 08:20 PM