Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help me pick my next doctorate!
Long story short, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on which doctorate to pursue next. I already have a US RA PHD, and am thinking about probably a DBA or a phd in business, or a LLD (very different, I know). I originally went the South African route but after a 6 month nightmare dealing with SAQA, I gave up that route. I next planned on pursuing UCN/Azteca, but due to changes in the Nicaraguan educational system, that path no longer exists. So I wanted to get ideas from everyone on my next pursuit. My goal for this degree is just a personal achievement, I do not expect this degree to open any doors and get me any specific job opportunities.

Requirements:
  • Under $10k USD
  • Does not have to validate via WES (or similar) as a US RA degree, so Titulo Propio would be fine (I just dont want it to basically be a scam like some of these online companies colleges posted here). I understand you get what you pay for and I shouldnt expect a super AACSB accredited degree for super cheap.
  • Ideally no classwork, dissertation only.
  • Publishing or presenting at conferences NOT required (AMA University in the Philippines had some great programs but required you to publish your work in a peer reviewed journal and present it at national and international conferences.
Chances are there may not be a program out there that meets all these requirements, but I look forward to hearing what everyone suggests.
I am not sure of everyone's opinion but I was looking for a cheap doctoral program. Have you ever heard of Atlantic International University? I am not sure about them but I just found them today. It looks like a degree that one would use for personal fulfillment. They are not regionally accredited but they do have a lot of majors and the whole program is self-paced and costs around $13,000. I don't think this degree will open doors. Does anyone have any opinions on this university?
Basically, I would refrain from AIU, they don't have accreditation at all, you can review the thread that has this mentioned by doing a search. Actually, let me link you, it's here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...d-Thoughts - Do your due diligence and decide for yourself, I wouldn't recommend them...

@OP, I was looking at AMA University for their DBA/DIT, and also checked out Cebu Tech/Holy Angel, etc. I wrote about them as well for their doctoral degree options. It really depends on your needs/wants and the budget, time management... Do you have any others you've looked at? I wrote about several countries, such as India, Malaysia, Philippines, did you check those threads out?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm afraid I do not understand why would publication requirement be a deal breaker. Academic publishing runs an enormous spectrum from extremely rejective to outright pay-to-publish scams. The hard part in publishing a paper is to have something worthwhile to publish; this should not be a problem for someone doing doctoral-level work. Yes, I have a PhD and yes, I published a few articles in process.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stanislav's post:
  • Consultant, kai1120
DBA from UCAM (SPain), delivered by Uniathena
or DBA from UniMarconi ( Italy), delivered by EatonBusiness School
will be fine for you with ~$13k
[-] The following 1 user Likes armado's post:
  • Consultant
I would do a bit more research and using your due diligence to decide which options are within budget, you want to also make sure you have enough time management to complete your commitments and your study habits allow for at least 2.5/3 years of constant study, etc. Basically, take your time to evaluate your institutions of choice and decide which degree/institution is the one you're going for...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $15000 Doctorate NA ashkir 128 17,334 04-11-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 4 2,020 04-07-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA from EIU Paris - 2yrs total €5000 WES recognised as Doctorate? FrHaseKopf 5 511 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 23 1,197 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 841 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 4,262 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 1,004 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  FREE doctorate in Economy & Government (in Spanish, in Spain) Kalas 1 515 01-26-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Liberty University Doctorate DBA Rhashad 20 3,944 09-28-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  UCN like doctorate options? Sdmj33 23 5,940 08-24-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: elcastor21