Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberty University Doctorate DBA
Hi Guys! I'm back at it because who doesn't want a challenge? Smile

What do you guys know about Liberty University and its DBA program? How fast to complete? Any shortcuts? Difficulty level?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Rhashad Hicks
Liberty University, DBA
starting 02/2023

Western Governors University, MBA
Organization & Strategy 2013
Educational Design 2021

TESC Bachelors (18 Months)
American History 2011

CLEP
English Comp w/essay | A & I literature | American Government | Prin. of Management | Prin. of Marketing | Intro to computers | Business Law | Intro to Sociology | Psychology | social sciences & history | U.S. History I | U.S. History II | Human Growth & Dev. | Educational Psych | Microeconomics | Macroeconomics

DANTES
Civil War & Recon. | Technical Writing | Prin. of Supervision | History of Vietnam | Organizational Behavior | Substance abuse | Management Info Systems | Intro to Business | Principles of Counseling | Modern Middle East

ALEKS
Beg. Algebra | Intermediate Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Business Statistics

STRAIGHTERLINE
Accounting I | Accounting II
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rhashad's post:
  • Imbanewbie
Personally, I wouldn't touch Liberty with a 100 foot pole. Far too many issues. Many people have a bad impression of them which can be a hinderance with employment. I don't care for the religion they shove down your throat or the fact you have to take a religious pledge as a student. No thanks.
[-] The following 6 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • CatsDomino, DrMacLeod, indigoshuffle, jsd, rachel83az, WALLACEMC11
Liberty is a disgusting “university”. I would stay far far far away.
In-progress/Upcoming:
South College - EDD - Higher Education
Southern Utah University - MM - Music Technology

Certs: ComptiaA+, SAS Data Scientist

Completed:
WGU - MS - Curriculum and Instruction, 2024
Thomas Edison State University - BA - Liberal Studies, 2023
Charter Oak State College - AA - General Studies, 2021

Certs: Google IT Support
(02-01-2023, 06:24 AM)Rhashad Wrote: Hi Guys! I'm back at it because who doesn't want a challenge? Smile

What do you guys know about Liberty University and its DBA program? How fast to complete? Any shortcuts? Difficulty level?

Maybe the DBA from UMGC would be a good alternative?
(02-01-2023, 06:24 AM)Rhashad Wrote: Hi Guys! I'm back at it because who doesn't want a challenge? Smile

I don't know anything about it, but good luck in your program.  I don't love the idea of 8 week format, because it essentially forces you to take a 6hr course load equivalent at a minimum.  I've looked at LU for other reasons since they have generous grad credit transfer policies.  Let us know how it goes.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016
You'll be expected to reference the Bible for your discussion posts and assignments in addition to referencing academic sources. It doesn't matter if the course has nothing to do with religion; you still have to reference the Bible.

In regard to transfer credits, I don't know how flexible they are in their business programs. For their behavioral science programs, they will reject the same course from another school if it didn't have a biblical worldview. They might make you do a PLA to prove that a course from an accredited school is equivalent to theirs.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Curious why Liberty gets so much pushback on its Christian curriculum. They are a Christian university with interest in influencing its ideology. They believe that faith and education are intertwined and that Christian education can help to shape students into well-rounded, compassionate citizens.

I am not a fan of how they push their agenda; however, I don't see how they are so different than other faith-based universities. BYU is 10X worse than Liberty when you factor in the founding fathers; however, Liberty feels like the anti-poster child when there are bigger culprits of this unpopular curriculum approach.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 2 users Like KSoul's post:
  • acamp, Rhashad
(02-03-2023, 06:29 PM)KSoul Wrote: Curious why Liberty gets so much pushback on its Christian curriculum. They are a Christian university with interest in influencing its ideology. They believe that faith and education are intertwined and that Christian education can help to shape students into well-rounded, compassionate citizens.

I am not a fan of how they push their agenda; however, I don't see how they are so different than other faith-based universities. BYU is 10X worse than Liberty when you factor in the founding fathers; however, Liberty feels like the anti-poster child when there are bigger culprits of this unpopular curriculum approach.

Google Liberty University controversies and you'll find plenty of them. The issue isn't that it's a Christian school. The issue is far beyond that. If you were female, I wouldn't recommend you ever set foot on campus. Faculty isn't filled with tenured professors but instead adjuncts. Read up on the numerous lawsuits they're facing.

Plenty of people have seen this school in their local news to be aware of problems with it. I have read several articles from graduates who had problems finding employment after earning their degree from there because of the problems with the school. Who wants to be ignored because of what their diploma says? Or play a game of 20 questions in an interview about the school and why you went there?

No one said BYU was a great school to attend. If you're Mormon, you grew up with those teachings and know what's expected of you. Don't think they're something many of us would ever want anything to do with either.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • CatsDomino, indigoshuffle, rachel83az
(02-03-2023, 06:29 PM)KSoul Wrote: Curious why Liberty gets so much pushback on its Christian curriculum. They are a Christian university with interest in influencing its ideology. They believe that faith and education are intertwined and that Christian education can help to shape students into well-rounded, compassionate citizens.
I'm not sure it's the norm for Christian schools to make you quote the Bible in every course. They might make you take an introductory religious studies course and that's it. 
If someone just wants to focus on the subject at hand, then University of the Cumberlands is a Christian school that does not force the Bible into every course, from what I've heard. This is a pretty conservative university, too.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-01-2023, 07:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Personally, I wouldn't touch Liberty with a 100 foot pole. Far too many issues. Many people have a bad impression of them which can be a hinderance with employment. I don't care for the religion they shove down your throat or the fact you have to take a religious pledge as a student. No thanks.

Im with u on that

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning Jonathan Whatley 66 4,670 Yesterday, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Capitol Technology University PhD in Cyberpsychology Sarit1046 18 741 Yesterday, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  $15000 Doctorate NA ashkir 128 17,040 04-11-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 4 1,989 04-07-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA from EIU Paris - 2yrs total €5000 WES recognised as Doctorate? FrHaseKopf 5 469 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM
  DBA from Prague University of Economics and Business, 15k Euro durain 6 892 03-17-2024, 12:07 PM
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 23 1,161 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 811 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  Golden Gate University or Apollos DBA? kb24bi8 39 4,044 02-22-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: quanticmba
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 4,032 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty