Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timed/Closed Book Essays
When writing an essay for a test (like the CLEP English Comp test, or others -- I know the Critical Reasoning TECEP has something somewhat similar, too), how do you back up your points with proofs without access to references?  This seems rather counter-intuitive to me.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
You don't. They don't ask for proof. They want to see that you understand what a 3-paragraph (I think this is what I wrote for the English Comp II TECEP?) or 5-paragraph essay is (CLEP). They want a intro/thesis statement, 3 reasons to explain your thesis, and a summary/conclusion. You do not have to provide any sort of proof at all.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • a2jc4life
(09-24-2017, 08:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You don't.  They don't ask for proof.  They want to see that you understand what a 3-paragraph (I think this is what I wrote for the English Comp II TECEP?) or 5-paragraph essay is (CLEP).  They want a intro/thesis statement, 3 reasons to explain your thesis, and a summary/conclusion.  You do not have to provide any sort of proof at all.

The slightly maniacal part of my brain just gave me the horribly delicious idea to take these tests and write something absurd - like defending patently evil leaders in history as good people - just to irritate the graders. Then the good part of my brain decided it was time to go to sleep.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(09-24-2017, 09:47 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 08:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You don't.  They don't ask for proof.  They want to see that you understand what a 3-paragraph (I think this is what I wrote for the English Comp II TECEP?) or 5-paragraph essay is (CLEP).  They want a intro/thesis statement, 3 reasons to explain your thesis, and a summary/conclusion.  You do not have to provide any sort of proof at all.

The slightly maniacal part of my brain just gave me the horribly delicious idea to take these tests and write something absurd - like defending patently evil leaders in history as good people - just to irritate the graders. Then the good part of my brain decided it was time to go to sleep.

Big Grin
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
They give you a prompt, so it's not like you can write whatever you want.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At 60, She's Becoming a Nurse and Published a Book Jonathan Whatley 4 293 04-04-2024, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Exclamation How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? Ares 0 166 03-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Open or closed? rachel83az 4 464 07-28-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  AI-Generated Essays Are Nothing to Worry About LevelUP 5 746 11-02-2022, 11:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Exclamation Is Sophia similar to Study in terms of course format and allow Open Book exams? OP88 4 1,323 05-26-2021, 05:29 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  free online (pdf) Discrete Math book bluebooger 7 5,599 01-23-2021, 02:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Good book for English componsition 1 / 2? SweetsugarNL 11 1,312 08-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed yokopilar 4 2,068 05-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: yokopilar
  "Last Mile" programs - book review Clepper43 1 988 10-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Open Book proctored exams boymom1031 14 3,509 04-12-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: natshar