Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help understanding Dual Degree RA credit limits for TESU.
Okay, so I am wanting to get a CS degree from TESU. I have plowed through a ton of courses. 39 so far. I just have 4 CS courses left, my TECEPs, and my TESU required courses.

I am trying to tack on as much value as I can. I want to do the BSBA CIS degree combo. Then I started looking into doing a dual degree BSBA CIS + FINANCE. It's only 6 more courses to add on finance so why the heck not? I could bang that out in month for sure.

I am having a hell of a time understanding how this 90 RA credit thing works with a BSBA dual concentration degree. If I want to get the dual BSBA CIS + FINANCE degree and I can only bring in 90 credits how does that work? I see I have 15 credits for electives, do the additional courses just fall into that slot? And if it does, that puts me at 41 courses so I would need 11 courses that are RA credit? So 33 RA credits? Just help me understand how many RA credits I need to get this dual degree.

Alternatively, I was looking at how the BACS + BA in Math would work. There are only 30 electives for both, the AoS is 42 so there would be 12 credits past the 120 credits needed I would have to take right? That would be 132. So 90 credits can come in? And then I need 42 RA credits? So 14 RA courses. BUT, you are allowed to have 3 courses cross over "No more than 9 credits* that are used in the first area of study may be used for the second area of study." Well I HAVE to bring over calculus because it is required in both areas of study. So that is one down. Then I would bring in two CS UL level courses and slot them in the "Add'l AOS Elect" On the mathematics/or CS side both additional electives allow for CS or Math credits. So since the entire area of study for math needs 15 UL credits I would have:

1. MAT-331 Calculus III - UL
2. MAT-321 Linear Algebra - UL
3. COS-330 COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE - UL
4. CIS-311 DATABASE MANAGEMENT - UL

12 UL done right there.

So just to be clear in my thinking is:
45 SH Gen eds + Cornerstone
45 SH AOS + Capstone
33 SH AOS - 42 - 9 crossover = 33. No capstone because already in previous one.
123 TOTAL
123 TOTAL - 90 Alternative credits = 33 total needed RA.

Alright, after typing this out, I have realised that I will not push through and double the BA in math as well. I will leave this so if anyone else searches this up and finds it they will see what I found. The next big problem I have is that I can't bring in discrete math. I would already be at my max and I would want to use it for an UL course not a LL like discrete math. So I need 15 SH or 5 classes for the AOS electives, they all have to be 200-400 level. I can use all my LL math classes from the Associate in Math on the "G: Add'l AOS Elect 12SH".

Basically I would need CALC 2, CALC3, LINEAR ALGEBRA, FIVE 200-400 math level courses that aren't discrete math(MAYBE CSM learn could knock one of these off.), and a final UL math course to round things out. So 3 more UL courses and 5ish 200-400 level courses. That's a lot of math. Anyone see this any other way?
(02-03-2023, 06:15 AM)CanICode Wrote: Okay, so I am wanting to get a CS degree from TESU. I have plowed through a ton of courses. 39 so far. I just have 4 CS courses left, my TECEPs, and my TESU required courses.

I am trying to tack on as much value as I can. I want to do the BSBA CIS degree combo. Then I started looking into doing a dual degree BSBA CIS + FINANCE. It's only 6 more courses to add on finance so why the heck not? I could bang that out in month for sure.

I am having a hell of a time understanding how this 90 RA credit thing works with a BSBA dual concentration degree. If I want to get the dual BSBA CIS + FINANCE degree and I can only bring in 90 credits how does that work? I see I have 15 credits for electives, do the additional courses just fall into that slot? And if it does, that puts me at 41 courses so I would need 11 courses that are RA credit? So 33 RA credits? Just help me understand how many RA credits I need to get this dual degree.

Alternatively, I was looking at how the BACS + BA in Math would work. There are only 30 electives for both, the AoS is 42 so there would be 12 credits past the 120 credits needed I would have to take right? That would be 132. So 90 credits can come in? And then I need 42 RA credits? So 14 RA courses. BUT, you are allowed to have 3 courses cross over "No more than 9 credits* that are used in the first area of study may be used for the second area of study." Well I HAVE to bring over calculus because it is required in both areas of study. So that is one down. Then I would bring in two CS UL level courses and slot them in the "Add'l AOS Elect" On the mathematics/or CS side both additional electives allow for CS or Math credits. So since the entire area of study for math needs 15 UL credits I would have:

1. MAT-331 Calculus III - UL
2. MAT-321 Linear Algebra - UL
3. COS-330 COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE - UL
4. CIS-311 DATABASE MANAGEMENT - UL

12 UL done right there.

So just to be clear in my thinking is:
45 SH Gen eds + Cornerstone
45 SH AOS + Capstone
33 SH AOS - 42 - 9 crossover = 33. No capstone because already in previous one.
123 TOTAL
123 TOTAL - 90 Alternative credits = 33 total needed RA.

Alright, after typing this out, I have realised that I will not push through and double the BA in math as well. I will leave this so if anyone else searches this up and finds it they will see what I found. The next big problem I have is that I can't bring in discrete math. I would already be at my max and I would want to use it for an UL course not a LL like discrete math. So I need 15 SH or 5 classes for the AOS electives, they all have to be 200-400 level. I can use all my LL math classes from the Associate in Math on the "G: Add'l AOS Elect 12SH".

Basically I would need CALC 2, CALC3, LINEAR ALGEBRA, FIVE 200-400 math level courses that aren't discrete math(MAYBE CSM learn could knock one of these off.), and a final UL math course to round things out. So 3 more UL courses and 5ish 200-400 level courses. That's a lot of math. Anyone see this any other way?

Can anyone give me clarification on this?
(02-03-2023, 06:43 PM)CanICode Wrote: Can anyone give me clarification on this?

Dude, we're a bunch of regular people who do this for fun and a sense of community. You need to have some patience.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thumbs Up 
(02-03-2023, 08:14 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 06:43 PM)CanICode Wrote: Can anyone give me clarification on this?

Dude, we're a bunch of regular people who do this for fun and a sense of community. You need to have some patience.

Thumbsup.jpg
Please take the time to search, you may find other threads including this one that is just a few below your post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...centration
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 101 Yesterday, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 50 5,262 04-26-2024, 09:25 AM
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 780 04-26-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 243 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Where should I get my accounting degree? mt_1994 10 284 04-25-2024, 10:10 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,628 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 645 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 578 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 289 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,349 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy