Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High School Graduation
I finally graduate this saturday from high school. I was homeschooled the entire way. Im glad it finally over with.
twitterflix Wrote:I finally graduate this saturday from high school. I was homeschooled the entire way. Im glad it finally over with.

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]
[SIZE="4"]Hey! Another step completed. Cool Way to go! That really is an amazing accomplishment to be homeschooled all the way! Your mom deserves a Congratulations too!!! Smile

I graduated last year and had a ceremony with some of my other homeschool friends. Did you get to do anything like that? [/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]
Congratulations!Big Grin
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Congratulations!!! That's great!! My wife was homeschooled from 6th grade (I believe), all through high school. She wouldn't trade it for the world. I was a victim of the state-sponsored public cesspool, er...public school system. :eek:
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
Matymus Wrote:I was a victim of the state-sponsored public cesspool, er...public school system. :eek:
Love it Matymus! Wink

Twitterflix...a big CONGRATULATIONS to you on reaching this important milestone. I think that's great that you were homeschooled the entire time, and most likely gained even more valuable knowledge than your average public high school student would have.

Best wishes as you continue on your educational journey!

JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Matymus Wrote:I was a victim of the state-sponsored public cesspool, er...public school system. :eek:

Oh, it couldn't have been that bad. After all, you got your PHD (Public Highschool Diploma) :p

Twitterflix, a big congratulations to you on your important achievement. Now, it's upward and onward to your college education!
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="blue"]
BS in Accounting(General) from Excelsior College
Enrolled in MBA program at Upper Iowa University.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Haha, I went to one of those! Then I got smart in my senior year and homeschooled the rest of it so I could start college early and play hockey during the daytime. That was the start of my distance education.

I think distance ed is a great thing. A lot of people at work tell me they think I'm incredibly disciplined to get it all done without sitting in a classroom. I'm not really that disciplined, I just hate wasting my time!

Anyway, congrats on your great achievement, Twitterflix. It will pave the way to a greater future. Smile
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
abby Wrote:[COLOR="YellowGreen"]
[SIZE="4"]Hey! Another step completed. Cool Way to go! That really is an amazing accomplishment to be homeschooled all the way! Your mom deserves a Congratulations too!!! Smile

I graduated last year and had a ceremony with some of my other homeschool friends. Did you get to do anything like that? [/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]
Congratulations!Big Grin
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

My graduation was much like a highschool graduation. Only all homeschoolers from New York. It was a large graduation class with 120 graduating. And i graduated with only one of my friends.
SimonTam Wrote:Oh, it couldn't have been that bad. After all, you got your PHD (Public Highschool Diploma) :p

Simon, you're right....I did get my PHD, but......if you knew the stuff I pulled in high school & how I got away with it....you'd be embarassed. Rolleyes I'm a much more well-rounded (and I do mean ROUND) <kidding> individual.

Like Katterina, I'm not all that disciplined either....just hate rotting away in a classroom.
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College

twitterflix Wrote:My graduation was much like a highschool graduation. Only all homeschoolers from New York. It was a large graduation class with 120 graduating. And i graduated with only one of my friends.

Where in NY are you from?? I'm assuming you graduated from the barn at the fairgrounds in Syracuse? Big Grin :p
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College

Congrats i was only homeschooled for Senior Year. The school district i was in did not finish building the new highschool in time and basically gonna make us all go to night school till construction was complete it would have ruined my co-op.
I have to homeschool was the best exeperience ever no peer pressure, my grades went up C's to A's, i graduated 3 months early, I quit smoking ( can't really smoke with parents around).
Congrats to your mom I know it's a lot of work and of course to you also.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 302 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School dcan 48 9,284 08-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: resistk
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,583 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,752 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Gas Prices Hit Record High Averaging Over $5 a Gallon in California LevelUP 8 939 03-07-2022, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Blkqueen8
  School Psychologists?? Vle045 3 919 01-21-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 572 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Worst School Name Alpha 13 2,112 10-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Should taxpayers fund any and every choice in school and/or major? sanantone 14 1,691 08-19-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Back 2 School - Buy Mac/iPad - get AirPods + 20% off AppleCare bjcheung77 0 682 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77